She was supposed to be a small bunny, but grew very large quickly. And she also started going through that teenage cranky-bunny phase, where bunnies growl and lunge when in that mood.
We were still very fond of her, but we already had another bunny and we knew an older couple whose bunny had recently died, and they were looking for a new one to love.
Unfortunately, they were really wanting a tiny bunny, and a super loving bunny, which unfortunately, Sage is neither. Well, at least, on the latter, not for now. I know she will grow out of the crankiness with time and love.
Anyway, this couple had her for almost 5 months, but after another bite from Sage, they decided it wasn't going to work out. And since I had made them promise to contact me, if things didn't work out, they did...and now Sage is back home with our family again.
Which happens to be quite ironic, because as some might remember, our sweet, dear Liberty was killed back in October by a stray dog that knocked over her hutch in the barn. Ta that time, my heart was aching and I was wishing I could call up that older couple and ask if we could have Sage back.
Funny how things work out, isn't it?
Sage Advice? Listen to your heart. It won't often lead you astray.
So far Sage has been very gentle and loving, and hasn't growled or lunged at any of us. And we've been hugging, holding, petting and loving on her quite a bit.
Jackson took some pics up at the barn yesterday.



4 comments :
What a great story. It's funny how things work out sometimes, isn't it? I think Sage is beautiful! We have a bunny, too, but he is much smaller...an Aragoti (sp?) named Walter the Wonder Rabbit. :-)
Oh you probably mean an Agouti?
We had an agouti guinea pig a few years ago. Agouti is a color and is the more natural coloring of certain animals. I'm not sure of Sage's actual coloring, but she is mostly grey with some peachy tones.
Thanks for the compliments on Sage. I look forward to seeing some of Walter's photos, on your Blog, soon.
That's IT!! You would not believe - I typed in EVERY variation of "aragoti" I could think of into Google before I left that comment for you I could think of, thinking that was the right word, but you are completely right - Agouti!!! :-)
Also, thanks for all the comments you left overnight...did you have insomnia or something? LOL! I haven't even gotten to them all yet, but I'm looking forward to reading each and every one! I'm at the old house right now doing one final cleaning and moving (tons of) last minute (unexpected) stuff. Hopefully we're leaving soon because I'm starving, but once we leave, we're internet-less until we figure out the satellite internet thing. So...what I'm trying to say is...if I don't get back to you right away, please know that I will, it just may take me a few days. Thanks again :-) -danni
That's IT!! You would not believe - I typed in EVERY variation of "aragoti" I could think of into Google before I left that comment for you I could think of, thinking that was the right word, but you are completely right - Agouti!!! :-)
Also, thanks for all the comments you left overnight...did you have insomnia or something? LOL! I haven't even gotten to them all yet, but I'm looking forward to reading each and every one! I'm at the old house right now doing one final cleaning and moving (tons of) last minute (unexpected) stuff. Hopefully we're leaving soon because I'm starving, but once we leave, we're internet-less until we figure out the satellite internet thing. So...what I'm trying to say is...if I don't get back to you right away, please know that I will, it just may take me a few days. Thanks again :-) -danni
Post a Comment