Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sold our First Dozen!

Now that our lovely hens are giving us between 6-7 eggs a day, we are finally feeling that we can share a few. And finally our chickens can start paying for their feed. haha!
We sold our first dozen eggs to one of our neighbors yesterday (notice the green egg we included for St. Patrick's Day). We charged $3.00 because this seems the going rate for farm fresh eggs in our area.
But I am very interested in hearing what others charge for their chicken eggs in different parts of the country. Please share!!

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

We've just started selling our eggs to one of my friends, and we sell them $2 a dozen, $3 an 18 pack...nice eggs! :-)

sugarcreekstuff said...

Congrats on the egg business. I've sold some for $3 as well, one market type store I checked is 2.50. Close friends and family get them free.

Gudl said...

Yes, like Mellimaus said, we have one family, they were the first ones to offer us money for the eggs and I said "Yes!!" ... we will always have some eggs for them. I wanted to be nice and said 1 Dollar per 6.
But the going rate is in fact 3 Dollars for farm fresh eggs, from 'happy hens'....
Usually I just give the eggs away and everybody LOVES to take them, but like I said so far only one person actually offered money. We do have to buy the feed and stuff.... oh well. All this to say, egg business is slow here ;-)

Christy said...

I pay $2.75 a dozen for farm fresh, happy eggs. I would gladly pay $3 a dozen though.

Michelle said...

We sell ours for $2.50/doz.; that pays for their feed, so I'm happy.