The Dog Whisperer shares some wonderful techniques for training dogs to tolerate and not attack pet chickens. (And this short video has some funny, amusing moments, too!)
I don't think we have that problem to worry with, though.Zuni is afraid of chickens.

"Woof Woof!" (Go away you scary thing!)

(I just know it wants to eat me...or worse!)

(Hey Mom! Why'd you throw this creepy, evil thing out here at me?!)

(Well, it's not that evil, but it's still creepy! And it makes this horrid screeching noise when I touch it! Agh!)

So, now, all we have to do is convince Zuni that ALL living poultry are evil, scary rubber chickens!
9 comments :
Your rubber chicken is too funny! I hope your strategy works!
That was a great video. But then again Cesar is my hero! I have never had a chicken killer but I always claim the chicken as mine. There is no interest in the chickens allowed. Zuni is growing into a beautiful dog.
That is sort of funny! Doggy torture with a rubber chicken. I know it is important that the dog not go after the chickens though.
Haha, that is funny...Zuni is a gorgeous dog! So pretty! Haha, she should teach a thing or two to Abby (our dog)...Abby chases our chickens, and if they are ever out of the pen and we don't pay attention, Abby is after them!
Ava (our shepherd) is good with the chickens, just mischevious. If they're milling about the yard she has to trot through the middle of their group, which makes them scatter, all the while looking at me like, "See? I'm not chasing. Just walking through here." She's silly.
Ooooo, scary chicken, scary chicken.
I have one dog that does as Sugarcreek's dog does--just runs through and looks to see what I'll do. My other dog (shepherd mix) makes sure no one chases the chickens. She's amazing. Zuni will be too.
That last picture is funny. Because there is no background to compare it with, it looks like the rubber chicken could be 10 ft. tall. ;)
OMG - I'm dying...that was soooo funny with the Dog Whisperer....not only did he get pooped on - he got laid (on)! :-D
Funny stuff!
Hi Pat,
Thanks for stopping by. Ironically, we have no strategy. I only bought the rubber chicken for our dog to play with. haha!
Goatgirl,
Very good philosophy in regards to your dog training. It follows right along with the Dog Whisperer, too.
Thanks for the nice compliment, too.
Hi Christy,
Believe it or not, my intention was not to torture our dog. We bought the rubber chicken in the pet section at Big Lots the other day and though Zuni would love to chew and play with it. haha
Actually she is now over her fear and aleady chewed the beak of the poor rubber poultry. hehe
Hi Mell,
Thanks so much fo stopping by and leaving a comment. And a nice one at that!
Hi Sugar Creek Farm,
I love that you stopped by for a visit on my blog. Your Ava is a beautiful dog...and funny, too!
hahaha, CeeCee! A 10 foot rubber chicken....now THAT would be the thing of nightmares! hehe
Thanks for stopping by.
farm girl-dk, hehe, I know, I know. I was giggling, too.
Post a Comment