This brings the tally up to NINE double Yolk Eggs and one TRIPLE Yolk egg....in only 4 weeks of laying.
It will be interesting to see how long this lasts.
CeeCee, my blogger buddy asked me where in the world we bought our chicks from.
Our chicks were ordered from Privett's Hatchery in Southern, New Mexico...not too far from Roswell...(insert spooky alien music here: ooooo...eeeee...ooooo)
You can take that bit of information however you want it. hehe
These are the two eggs containing the double yolks this morning.

Gorgeous bright orange double yolks

Using double yolks for breakfast is kind of nice in that for 4 Sunny-Side-Ups I only need to crack open two eggs.
9 comments :
But they just look SO COOL in the frying pan! Seriously, though, I hope you aren't going to be disappointed when your girls' egg-laying settles down and they begin laying "only" single yolk eggs!
Y'all better have your cholesterol checked! :)
Our girls stopped laying the doubles after a while, I hope yours don't because it's so much fun.
And did you know you had a GOAT IN YOUR BED? I realize it is the sweetest goat ever, but it's IN THE BED! Your family is NUTTY. What a fun bunch you all are.
Ahhhh well, not it makes sense. Roswell. No wonder they're laying doubles and triple. They're alien eggs!
I think this theme of twins in your life just shows how fortunate and prosperous you are.
P.S. Stop making me hungry.
HI farmgirl,
Yes, I know, the eggs are just so unique and cool to look at in the frying pan. I love to take pics of them. And the way it is now, my girls are giving me one double yolk every other day. I have finally lost count! But its over 15now, for sure.
I think I'll be a little sad when/if the double yolks stop coming so regularly, but I bet producing like this must be hard on their systems, so I'm also ok with it, for the health of my girls, too.
CeeCee, I think you're right! hehe
sugarcreekstuff,
I hope not either. We are ejoying them and get double yolks now every other day. If they stop though, I'm fine with that, too. I can't help but think developing so many yolks and whites so often must be tough on their systems.
haha, re: goat in bed. Yep, we are a little nutty. I'm certainly not like my stepmother, who didn't even like dogs in beds. My kids think it's fun, but aren't that impressed. At their age, I would have LOVED a goat in MY bed! hahaha
Robin,
You got it!! haha Thanks for stopping by and posting a comment, too.
Nuzzling Muzzles,
Thanks so much for writing such a sweet comment, because you hit the nail right on the head. If you and I could sit down together over a pot of tea and chat, I could tell you so much more of how we got to where we are today.
We are so tremendously blessed. I hope I never forget that either.
ps, Why don't you just come on over?...I'll share my double yolks with you...sunnyside up.
Post a Comment