I was awakened early this morning by what sounded to me to either be:
1) cats mating
2)one of my neighbor's or my children calling out for help.
It sounded like "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!!" And it sounded serious, so I bounded out of my bed in my nightgown and ran up to the barn, where I found...This!
Well not exactly that, because I was so pumped with adrenaline that it didn't occur to me to take my camera. So, I took our little buddy, 'Pooh' here to simulate what it was that I was greeted with.Poor little Moon Pie had picked up his head and slipped it in the groove between the gate and gate post. But he couldn't figure out how to reverse those same mostions, and instead kept trying to pull backward. But he was wedged in tight.
I got him out lickety split and then comforted the poor quaking terrified goatie for another 15 minutes, while he calmed down and finally fell asleep on my lap.
Poor little boy.
And tonight, he still seemed shook up about his scary ordeal.
8 comments :
I am so glad you heard him crying! Bet he doesn't try that again anytime soon. I love how goats seem to call mom when they need or want us. :)
Poor Moon Pie:( Glad he made it out safely though:) They do sound like they are saying Mom when they cry don't they?
Have a good one
Regina
It seriously amazes me how many tight places these goats can get into. Grr. Glad he was ok though!
Awww...poor moon pie!! Hope he feels less shaken up soon. Poor guy!
Awww, poor Moon Pie. I had a similar incident with Gabbrielle this weekend. I was riding Bombay and looked over to see that Gabbrielle had stuck her head under the chicken wire through a part of the fence where a wood panel was broken. She also stuck one front leg through as if trying to crawl under the fence. She then stuck her head sideways under the horse trailer to get some grass, turned her head straight and got it stuck under the trailer. She was thrashing about, so I jumped off Bombay and ran over there. However, she managed to get herself dislodged by the time I reached her.
Poor baby! I'm so glad you were there to rescue and comfort him.
Poor little Moon Pie, but that pooh bear with his head in the gate had me cracking up so hard!
I loved the re-enactment. Thanks for the pants wetting moment of the day.
Awww, poor little Moon Pie! I'm glad he got out again! Poor kid....
Post a Comment