Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thank You for the Brillante Award!



Whooeee! The awards are flowing generously this week, I'd say.
I was given my third award by my dear friend, over at Nuzzling Muzzles. I have to admit that she's one of my favorite blogs and one that I check in on almost every day.
I have a great respect for her as a horsewoman and she has taught me a lot of really helpful and interesting things over the past year. And I never get tired of seeing photos of and reading stories about her 3 beautiful Arabian horses.
Recently she even asked me to participate and contribute on her new horse related blog for us humans that want to increase our strength and balance, while decreasing our weight and maintaining a healthy diet all so that we can improve our horsemanship skills. It's called Healthy as a Horse if anyone is interested.

So, now it's time for me to pick brilliant blogs to give this award to:

Fantastyk Voyage is new to the blogging world, but she is extremely brilliant in how she uses David Bowie song titles, along with other artists, to relate to each of her blog post subjects. And she has 3 gorgeous horses, one of whom is going to be a Mama soon! Oh, and she's also my neighbor :)

Critter Farm is a blog I've followed along with almost from the very beginning of her journey of yearning to move to the country where she could have critters. She is brilliant for coming up with very unique and unusual ways to pose an egg. Really! Have you ever seen an egg in a red pick-up truck? Or in a champagne glass? It's on her blog. Go see.

The 7 MSN takes brilliant photos of her 2 handsome horses, 2 silly burros, one noisy pig, and all of her other critters on her gorgeous ranch '7 Miles South of Nowhere~hence 7MSN'. But she's also brilliant for giving up a very successful life where she was very unhappy and instead breaking free to follow her heart and dreams. I admire this gal, can you tell?

A Little Bit of Heaven is a beautiful blog full of humorous and sometimes opinionated thoughts and experiences from a brilliant gal, right next door to me, in Texas. She loves critters, too, and she is pretty knowledgable about wildlife and plants.

Seasons Eatings Farm is the kind of blog so full of useful and interesting information that you could literally get lost just reading through the archives. Seasons Eating Farm is a brilliant, 4-season, working farm focusing on education, agritourism and making efforts to ensure that everyone has access to fresh, healthy food. If you are wanting to grow your own food, this blog is a one-stop shop!

The Back Fortyis a gentle, yet thoughtful blog sharing personal experiences, thoughts, and ideas on living a more earthy, natural, self-suufficient lifestyle. She focuses mainly on homesteading, but she also shares wholesome, delicious recipes and beautiful, brilliant photos.

7 comments :

Robbyn said...

Wow, what an honor...thank you so much!!! :)

Andrea said...

I will have to check out some of those blogs!! They sound great!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Especially for the wonderful things you said about my blog. It's important to me that everyone share what they know. When it comes to growing food, sharing our knowledge becomes more important each day.

Anonymous said...

The rewards are flowing and you deserve them.
I left you one also and yes, you can keep the friendship one.lol..
It is cute, isn't it?
Have a great day.
Pam

the7msn said...

Thanks, Lisa! You always say such nice things. I accept this award on behalf of those handsome, silly, noisy critters who pose willingly and fool people into thinking I can take brilliant pictures.

Melanie said...

Congratulations...again!!!! ;)

Aren't these awards a lot of work though? Hope you are keeping busy and staying dry...down there in NM!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hi Robbyn, Your welcome. But you SO deserve it :)

Hi Andrea, Yes you should! :) Thanks for stopping by.

SeasonsEatingsFarm, Yes, I very much agree with you. Another reason I wanted to give you an award. To let others know about your wonderful farm and helpful blog.

Hi Pam, Awww. Thanks, you, too. And thanks for the cute award :)

Hi Linda,
Your welcome. I just love your blog. I look forward to meeting all your wonderful critters of yours one day soon :)

Hi Knutsons. Thanks and your welcome. Yes, we're pretty dry right now. We need some rain. It thunders and lightnings, but no rain.