Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rainbow Horse

We've been getting rain almost every day and the animals are loving all the grass to munch. Baby Doll would rather be standing in the rain then in the barn. I think the rain must feel pretty good and washes all the grime away while keeping away the pesky flies. The only time she runs to the barn is when we get a heavy downpour of rain. The massaging showerhead in the sky must not be as appealing to my painted girl.

6 comments :

Carla said...

Isn't it funny how some animals are. My horse used to stand right out in the middle of raging thunderstorms and eat as though nothing was happening. Of course, he was always all about the food. Nothing was going to keep him from eating.

Pony Girl said...

Love the rainbow! Summer is really almost over, isn't it?
I liked the post with all the amazing chicken feather patterns, too, particularly since I'm such a fan of all things patterned~ especially on horses, lol! ;)

The Wades said...

I love seeing the rainbow and the horses. Too cool! Yeah, we've been enjoying the rain too. Nice to finally have a little moisture.

Melanie said...

Baby Doll is gorgeous! I love how her mane is 1/2 black and 1/2 white...very striking. How big is and how old is she?

The rain has definitely "greened" things up down there :)

In regards to your chickens...we used to have Americaunas and Barred Rocks when I was a wee one. Kipper and Sid Vicious have great feathering pattens!

Egghead said...

I can just imagine how good that rain must feel. He is such a beautiful horse.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Baby Doll reminds me of our paint horse, raging thunderstorms, heavy downpours and he just keeps eating. The up side is they get a good bath. Loved the rainbow, what a great picture.
Liked your last post about the patterns of the chickens. Interesting and pretty patterns.