I've been wanting to post a recipe, too. But my garden was a wash out with our frustratingly fickle weather this past year: late freeze, hail storms, drought, monsoons, gusting winds. Not even our apple trees came through for us this Fall.
So, I'm just going to pretend that Oreo Cookies grow on trees so that I can share a very popular treat that I make for my family and some of my friends.
It's a recipe I brought back with me from South Carolina, where fried food reigns.
If it's food, fry it!
Fried Oreos
2 Cups Bisquick (or baking mix)
2 Eggs
1 1/2 Cups Milk
3 tsp Oil
Oil for frying.
Mix ingredients together.
Heat your oil.
Dip Oreos into the batter and place into pan.
At exactly 3:30 flip over your battered Oreos (Just kidding) Flip when batter turns a golden brown.
A couple of these got a little too brown. You want to go for a lovely golden brown. No matter what, though, they'll still taste great.
Using a slotted spoon, place the Fried Oreos onto a paper towel covered plate. Eat these babies while they are still warm!
If you've ever tried a Drake's Devil Dog, or Devil's Food Cake, this is just what Fried Oreos taste like. We don't make these very often because I'm sure they have a bazillion calories and fat grams, but Fried Oreos are the ultimate treat....and it's fun to be bad sometimes. Make them when you have kids around and you won't have to worry about who's going to eat that last Fried Oreo.
21 comments :
All I can say is that its a good thing Oreo's DON'T grow on trees! lol
They look yummy! I would have never thought of doing such thing. I'm trying to imagine the taste!
I'm not sure what Bisquick is I don't think we have it here in Australia Can you tell what the ingredients are
please lisa
Fried Oreos! Who would have thought. Know what you mean about being in the south. I was raised in Texas, and if it doesn't move, you fry it and THEN you put it on a stick. (Pork chop on a stick, fried twinkie on a stick, etc.)
Would like to try this, but alas Oreos don't last long enough at our house to fry then or even put them on a stick. :)
White Lily, Bisquick is a biscuit (American biscuits are similiar to scones) mix. Pretty much all the biscuit stuff (flour, shortening, etc) without the milk added.
Uh, Yum! Definitely calls for a diet Coke.
Hmm...I was planning to make an appetizer for a shindig I'm going to tomorrow, but I might be the belle of the ball if I took these. Thanks for the recipe.
Okay, I can honestly say, that's a new one.
I have to tell you, what had me literally laughing out loud was your spoon rest....is that a little gopher/ground hog? It's too cute and had me in stitches. Hey, it's early and I'm only on my first cup of coffee...what can I say?
Now that looks good! and you are right about the frying part. Dip that rascal in some fritter mix and fry the heck out of it. lol...
Don't you just love the South?
I will have to fry some oreos up real soon.
Pam
I hear anything you deep fry instantly becomes healthy.
Those look good and I'm not really and Oreo fan. Thanks for the fun recipe!
Oh I bet my husband will love those. We are having fried chicken for dinner tonight!! LOL!! He used to fry everyhting, until I introduced that oven to him!! Southerner boys!:)
Oh I bet my husband will love those. We are having fried chicken for dinner tonight!! LOL!! He used to fry everyhting, until I introduced that oven to him!! Southerner boys!:)
Well that's a new one, I would have never thought to fry a cookie. Looks yummy!
Oh Cee Cee, a diet coke. Ha ha! Yep Fried Oreos and my diet coke. I have never had these but I have heard of them. I just might have to try this. Thanks for the recipe. Were they hard to grow? ;)
These sounds totally fattening and totally delicious! Never tried them but probably will now.
Wow. Sounds great and I can already feel my heart stopping at just the thought of eating them.
Dan
Mmmmmmm....sounds kinda yummy! Too bad all I have eaten lately is lots of birthday cake.....
Ew.
I'll have to pass that recipe on to the Boy Scout Troop. They would make it!
HI Carolynn,
The spoonrest if a guinea pig. I used to rescue and find good homes for unwanted guinea pigs a couple years ago. I still own 4 piggies actually. I'll have to post about them one day soon.
Hey Cara. I said Ew, when I first heard about them. But you really shouldn't knock 'em unless you try 'em :)
Hey Melanie,
Stick a candle in one! hehe
Maybe make some for your wedding anniversary today!
haha Dan. Two is the most I can eat. They are very rich. :)
Hi Carole,
You really should! :)
CDN Cowgirl,
I agree! haha
Hey White Lily,
It's basically just flower and baking powder/soda and salt.
The Oreos fried taste like devils food cake, all nice and warm. :)
CeeCee and Egghead,
Milk is the best thing with these. The diet coke takes away the flavor and makes it taste sickly sweet. Instead of a diet coke to combat the fat and calories, eat the cookies with a salad instead! hehe
Grey Horse Matters,
I know, me neither. Not until I lived in the south. Dangerous place to live I tell ya....ask Andrea!
:)
hahah Pamela,
I know what you mean. But if I tell my kids that I'm going to make some fried oreos they will refrain from eating them, and make sure to save me enough to fry up. Try it. You'd be surprised.
Hey Michelle,
Me neither. I'm a chocolate chip kind of gal. I'll only eat Oreos if I can dip them in milk....oh and fried! hehe
Good luck Linda, let me know how popular you are after you take these to the ball :)
Hey Pam,
Your blog is one of those coooking up delicious looking recipes with all your own healthy fresh produce. Maybe you should fry up some of these babies just to add something naughty to your diet! :)
That is so wrong!!!
I can't wait to try them. :)
Post a Comment