Saturday, September 6, 2008

Obama and his Llama


If Obama becomes president I think he should have a llama. Don't you?
Throughout American history, most of our presidents have had pets in the White House. Below are just a few of the more interesting ones. But no llamas!
Why not? I think Obama needs a llama.
(But he can't have mine.)

George Washington~Donkey
John Quincy Adams~Silkworms
Thomas Jefferson~bear cubs
Matin Van Buren~Tiger Cubs
William Harrison~Cow
James Buchanan~eagle
Abraham Lincoln~Turkey
Benjamin Harrison~opossums

Theodore Roosevelt had the most pets
numbering 23, including guinea pigs, a
garter snake and a badger.

Woodrow wilson~sheep
Calvin Coolidge had a veritable zoo: lions cubs,
pygmy hippo, bobcat, raccoons, antelope, dogs,
cats, a goose, donkey and even a wallaby.

Herbert Hoover~2 alligators
George W. Bush~Longhorn Cow
John F. Kennedy~rabbit

and many dogs, cats, horses,and ponies.
For more Presidential Pets

13 comments :

Anonymous said...

I was gonna guess that Teddy had the most animals! Yay for him! :) I like the idea of a llama but not Obama. LOL! ;)

The Wades said...

at least his pet would rhyme. funny. yeah, hold on to yours.

cdncowgirl said...

Didn't someone also have a bear?? Not sure but I thought I'd read that somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Theodore Roosevelt once was walking in some woods somewhere with his men-people and they saw a baby bear with it's mom. They were actually going to kill it, but Theodore stopped them from killing the bear cub and that's why Teddy Bear's are called Teddy Bear's--because of Teddy Roosevelt. :)

Cool, huh?

Fantastyk Voyager said...

LOL, very cool idea. That was an interesting and informative post.

Carla said...

What fun information! I love stuff like that.
Yes, I think a llama needs to be the White House pet.

sugarcreekstuff said...

I like that an Obama Llama, or Llama Obama, either way you are silly.

Anonymous said...

I think everyone should have pets, even presidents. (how did you get that llama there?.lol..)
I would even donate bad boy rooster for the cause. He would liven up things at the White House, no matter who ends up there!
Pam

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hi Mud Ranch, I'm glad you like the photo. I had fun making it. I don't know for sure who I'm voting for. I wanted to make a pet photo for McCain, too. But I couldn't think of any animals that rhymed! hehe

haha, The Wades. Funny how stuff sneaks into my head. The Obama Llama idea snuck in at 3am. I woke up and went right to work on making the llama picture! I'm so weird :P hehe

Ya know, CDN Cowgirl, I remember seeing bear cubs, but not a single bear. Got any ideas who it might be with the single bear?

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwww! That's a great story, Mel. I didn't even know that. Cool!

Thanks Val. It was fun doing it, too :)

haha CeeCee! It came to me at 3am! Has anyone had a llama as a White House Pet?? No? Why not! So I went on a mission.....to make it so, if only in a photo. haha
Thanks. I knew you'd like an informative post like this :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sugarcreek stuff.....I try! hehe

Hi Pam, I agree. I got Catlinite on the White House lawn with a photoshop program. It was fun, but a little bit challenging.
I like the idea of Bad Boy Rooster hanging out at the White House, but would be a little worried he'd challenge the Big Cheese. And then we'd have a Golden Laced, Bearded Polish Rooster as President. Gah!

Bwhahahaah! :D

Christy said...

Yes, he should have a llama. What if McCain wins? What animal should he have?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I'll have to think of a rhyme for McCain! This is fun! LOL!! I do love the Obama Llama though... Isn't it funny how you can wake up in the middle of the night with such goofy ideas. I do it too only usually don't jump out of bed for them. LOL :D