Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sick Sunday

AAAAAAAAA.....aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!
CHOOOOOoooooooo!!! (yuk. I'm sick)
Well I had really hoped to join my friend Carolynn over at A Glowing Ember with Silent Sunday blogging each week.

But unfortunately I've been hit hard by a terrible virus Ranchman John got over 10 days ago. It has even caused him to miss over a week of work. This nasty thing has tossed me onto my tush. I feel like an elephant is sitting on me and my head is stuffed with heavy, soggy toilet paper.
I hope the suffering doesn't last long, and that I can outlast this bug. Right now I'm not so sure.

This is the only thing I want to do now.(ZZZzzz....)
Photos:
Top~ Luna, my lovely Angora doe.
Bottom~Blanca, my sweet Churro ewe.


20 comments :

billie said...

Oh no - take good care.

My favorite remedy for this type thing is ginger tea - made with freshly sliced ginger boiled (the longer the stronger) and lemon and honey added to taste.

It will knock out most anything!

Dan and Betty said...

Lisa, I'm really sorry this has hit. There's nothing worse than being sick when the weather's still nice. You should only get sick in the dead of winter.

Get lots of rest.

Dan

Christy said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. We've been sick here all week. Here's hoping for quick recoveries all around.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well and hope you recover soon. Love the pictures.

Gone2theDawgs said...

Lisa, I sure hope you get better soon! I see your sense of humor is intact, though, and that's a good thing!! Love Luna's pics with the captions!! :)

Carolynn Anctil said...

Those photos are certainly effective in communicating your discomfort. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling under the weather. There's always next Sunday. It seems we may have a small group of us doing the Silent Sunday thingy.

Drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest.

I had to say that. It's in my genes or something.

Carolynn

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Get well soon.

goatgirl said...

I hope you get better soon. Get lots of rest in the sun...like beautiful Blanka.
Great pictures in this post and the last. I love the photos of Goose. What a great home he found.

white_lilly said...

You poor thing, mums don't have time to be sick. Put your feet up and take it easy and lap up all the TLC (tender loving care) you deserve
Love the pics of Luna and Biance

The Wades said...

Yucko! Thanks for posting during your misery. Your pictures are too cute! Get better soon!!!

Grammy said...

You pictures really tell your story well. I am so sorry that you are so sick. Wish I knew a cure.
Maybe the chicken noodle soup could help. Big hug.

Pamela said...

Oh Yuck! Dan&Betty is right--you should only get sick in the winter!

And how DID you get the pictures? They are adorable!

Laura said...

Oh no - sorry you aren't feeling well! Hope you are on the mend soon...

GreyWolf said...

Get well soon, Nice photos.

Melanie said...

Using goats and their wide array of sounds and looks to describe your illness...clever girl!!!!

Sorry that you are feeling under the weather. Maybe if you get the icky bugs now, you will sail through winter unscathed?!!

I am STILL laughing at your "will work for Cheetos" comment over at PG's blog...teeheehee!!! It is so true! Our horses always wonder what we will have in our hands next, but they are very clear on boundaries, such as no biting, or no pushing, or no plowing me over to get their Cheetos...lol!!!

In fact, one of my old horse Shadest's, favorite "at a horse show" treats, was Oreo cookies!
I bet he would have really loved them deep fried...lol!!!

Feel better soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
I am sorry you are feeling bad. I like Billie's remedy of the ginger with lemon and honey. It sounds good even if you aren't sick!
Here is good thoughts for a quick recovery coming all the way from Georgia.
I hope you all feel better soon.
Pam

sugarcreekstuff said...

So sad you aren't feeling well, so happy with the funny pics. You crack me up! :-p

Egghead said...

Feel better. It stinks to be sick when the weather is still nice....or any time.

Unknown said...

Ew!
Sorry you feel bad. When you get over this, you will have the immune system of steel.

Andrea said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. Luna looks like she is a bit under the weather too!! That last one she looks really out of it!! LOL!! HOpe you feel better really soon.