Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Horse Personality~Take the Quiz!

Your horse is a ... SLAF - The Wall Flower
Wrap up these sweet, kind, gentle horses and keep them safe. They are not very brave and tend to internalize their worries. They want to please and will try very hard for you, but they can be pushed too fast very easily. They make few demands of you and are quite content to perform the same tasks repeatedly as long as you are pleased with them and the jobs are not to strenuous. Quiet enough for the beginner once they understand what is expected of them.

***Take the Horse Personality Quiz***
I hope you'll share with me your horse's personality.

I mostly agree with this quiz's assessment of my beautiful girl. She is definetly sweet, kind, quiet and gentle. She's a real people-horse, acting like a curious puppy at times. "What do you have there, Mom? An iced coffee. I think I might like to try a sip, please"My mare, Baby Doll is usually willing to please, and will patiently do a task over and over.
Especially if the reward is a cookie or some scratching on her rump.If something spooks my painted gal, she quickly recovers with the sound of my voice and will calmly carry me down the trail. "Hay! This book is about horses! Mom, will you read this book to me?"
These pictures were taken while doing one of my most favorite things: Taking a chair, a book and a yummy beverage and just hanging out with my horse. She seems to like having me around, too. I don't always get much reading done, but I do laugh a lot.


18 comments :

Starfire said...

I didn't think the questions would come up with anything really pertinent to my horse but they got his personality right on! Scotty is a Reluctant Rock Star, LOL! He does have a big ego and wants to be the boss.
Thanks for the link.

cdncowgirl said...

Is that quiz based on the book "Is Your Horsea Rock Star"?

I took the one in the book and Cessa was a Goddess. lol
Have to do the quiz on Applejack now that I've spent some time with him.

Grey Horse Matters said...

I took this personality test for my little palomino mare,'Dusty'. She came up as "Your horse is a ... SECF - The Goddess", but then she already knew that and acts accordingly.Cute test.

sugarcreekstuff said...

Those pics make me want to touch that sweet velvety muzzle.
I love the new look of your blog, a good mix of western and girly.

Peggy said...

I do the same thing with Diva and the girls. They love it when I go sit in the pen and just hang out.

Carla said...

Hmm? My quiz says my horse was The Goddess :
is loved by most of the other horses and most people. They are expressive and sensitive and emotional. You will know how they feel. They try very hard to please and will worry and be anxious if you are not happy with them. In the negative they can have scattered energy that is hard to get focused. This personality can be loved on as much as you want.

I filled out the answers as best as I could remember about Luke. At the end, I basically felt like Luke was a pill. He was at the bottom of the pecking order in the herd and was his own man. He didn't want to please me one bit. I had many answers of "usually" and "sometimes"---maybe that skewed the final response.

Melanie said...

Lisa,

LOVE your new look! I have thought about upgrading too, I just never have the time...lol!!!

Here are the results:
Bo-Goddess
Sienna-Steady Eddy
Waska-The Wall Flower

So does this mean that Waska and Baby Doll would get a long, or that they would be like two cowardly lions out there on the trail?

Love your pictures, as usual, and have I ever told you how gorgeous Ms. Baby Doll is???

Dan and Betty said...

Hmmmm. I'm nor sure I'll tell my gelding he came out as "The Goddess."

Dan

Christy said...

Well, I don't have a horse, but I like the new background! Maybe I'll fancy mine up sometime.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love your new look! Pretty fancy!
Haven't had horses in a long time, when I see you gals and your horses I miss our horses something fierce:)

The Wades said...

Hey--you bedazzled your blog! Gorgeous, girl! :)

Callie said...

LOL, My redhead has the same personality! Haven't done my painted girl yet!

goatgirl said...

Sunny is A Solo Artist so far. I'll take it again after he settles in.

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

Lester is a ... DECF - The Rock Star...... The Rock Stars are confident and charismatic. They are expressive and strong minded. They love to show you what they know but are hard to get to focus on the small details of the task. They are found in many competitive arenas, usually at the top of their field.

Very fitting for my boy!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

StarFire,
That's funny that the quiz actually worked for your horse, Scotty, too! :)

Hey Cdn Cowgirl,
Yes I d believe it is. Have you read the book, yet? Was it any good? So I want to know what personality AppleJack is :)

Arlene.
How funny. I don't remember you posting pics of Dusty. YOu know how attracted I am now of Palominos! hehe

Hi Michelle,
Well come on over and nuzzle her muzzle! hehe
Thanks for the blog kudos. It's growing on me now. At first I didn't like it 'cause I discovered that what I thought was rope curving down was actually flashy diamonds. And I'm far from being a flashy gal, as you know lol!

Awww, Peggy, I look forward to seeing some of your pasture pal time with your horse soon.

Hey CeeCee,
I think sometimes the quiz just can't match all horses. I take it that you and Luke weren't a real good match?

Hi Melanie,
I'm glad you liked my blog. Actually the change itself only took about 5 seconds. It was the browsing for backgrounds I might like, that took the longest! lol!

I think Baby Doll and Wask would probably get along, but I bet she'd like BoBo (I do!), as she seems to enjoy showing off.
Funny thing is that she's not all that cowardly and is very interested in pleasing me when wer'e out.
We were out today and a ginormous blue tarp had blown into the filed behind our house. I thought she might spook, but we walked past it and then walked right up to and she basically looked and then ignored it!
I'm sure grateful for her easy going nature :)

Hi Dan,
Morgunn is a goddess! hehahaha So what was Gletta?

Hi Christy,
Thanks! You should. It's fun and really simple.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

FarSide of 50. I'm glad you like my new blog template. I wasn't digging it at first because of the flash. I thought those diamonds were ropes! lol!
Di you grow up with horses? If so I'm jealous of you because I had to wait until I was over 40 to get my own horse...and now I'm not as flexible and as fearless.
I hope I can ride my horse and keep her well into my 50's and 60's. Time will tell. But for now I'm just going to enjoy myself and live my dream :)

Hey Michelle,
Bedazzled, eh? If you got to know me in real life, you'd have a good laugh at that, too. I don't even wear jewelry! lol!

Callie,
Thanks for visiting. I hope you'll let me know what your Paint's personality is, too.

Hey Goat Girl,
Yes. Time will tell :)

Hey Denise,
Thanks for doing the quiz, too. Lester is a hottie! :)

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

OMG! I have that Trail Riding book sitting right next to me right now! Are we living in parallel universes or what? I've had it about a month and keep trying to find time to read it, but end up reading blogs instead. ;)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hey NM,

What drew you to buying that particular book?
I ended up buying 4 trail riding books, but by far, that one os my most favorite. It gets right into the meat and is full of helpful straighforward training tips, as well as what to expect and prepare for while out trail riding.

I finished it last week, and it will be a book I'm sure I'll go back to again and again.

~Lisa