Monday, November 24, 2008

B~is for Blog Buddies......

...and Betty and Baby Doll, too!
What a wonderful surprise when Dan & Betty stopped by for a visit on Monday evening! I discovered these two beautiful, friendly folks via their wonderful blog, Dan & Betty's Place, earlier this year. I fell in love with their lovely Icelandic horses, Gletta and Morgunn, and was excited about possibly meeting the two of them in person, when I realized they only lived on the other side of the Sandia Mountains.

Of course, while they were here, they were given the Laughing Orca Ranch Tour and Baby Doll even posed for a photo.(Forgive the photos. They were taken with the borrowed camera from Hades, whose main electronic purpose is to cause me grief. lol!)

Their visit Monday evening could not have been better timed, as they totally lifted my spirits and brought a little light of joy to me during my illness. I had also read many accolades about Dan & Betty from Max and Michelle of the inspirational Galloping Grace Youth Ranch so I knew Dan & Betty must be pretty special. And I wasn't disappointed. Dan & Betty are as genuine as they come. I'm honored to call them my Blogging Buddies, and my real-life friends, too. Thank you for visiting the Laughing Orca Ranch, Dan & Betty!

When I first devised this Alphabetical Challenge I created a list to help me with letters and words to use each day. Surprisingly, so far, I've not yet had to use it. The letters and subjects for each day have just happened on their own. How cool is that?!

Thanks to all of you who jumped in on the Letter 'A' and also left such supportive and kind remarks about my hospital visit this past weekend. Your get well wishes and caring words are much appreciated by me and my family. :-)


26 comments :

Anonymous said...

B-eautiful People! Glad to see they were there to lift your spirits! :)

Carla said...

You are so lucky! You keep meeting other bloggers!
I'll jump over and visit their blog. Glad they were able to cheer you up. :)

B is for Blackfeet

billie said...

B is for the Big Bay! :)

Glad you have good friends and neighbors stopping by. Take good care.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

That was nice of them to visit. You look happy.

B is for Banamine, for inflammation and pain.

Ice Pony Girl said...

Lovey visit! Have you had a chance to ride their Ice Ponies? I love mine!

Carolynn Anctil said...

BRAVO! I'm very glad to hear you're well enough to be receiving guests.

BIG hug! (That was a bonus one I threw in there just for fun)

Carolynn

cdncowgirl said...

BLESSED. You are blessed with a wonderful family and friends.
You are also blessed with a kind heart.
Glad to hear you're feeling somewhat better. (saw the note on my blog... that pony is kinda creepy! lol)

Oh, and as for yesterday you may pick whichever "A" word you would like. :)

Andrea said...

How much fun, to visit with your Bloggin Buddies!! And that camera is definatley possesed!! The pictures it takes sometimes are crazy!!

B is for Bush Hog!!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

How nice that they stopped by!
Lucky you, always meeting everybody! Hi to Dan and Betty from me.

Pony Girl said...

They seem like such great people, how lucky you were able to have a nice visit with them!!
Blogging sure has opened the doors for new friendships, hasn't it?

Grammy said...

I love my blog buddies. They put a smile on your face and warm your heart.
You are a great Buddie and I am honored to know you.
I get to see you bounce on your horse and all your baby goats.

Unknown said...

Boy, oh Boy - what a Blessing to have Blogging Buddies that visit. Beautiful post, beautiful.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Hope you are feeling better, it's nice to see you enjoyed your visit with your blogging buddies.

Christy said...

That sounds so nice! I can't wait to meet some blog buddies in real life. When are you coming to visit again?

B is for the neighbor banging in fence posts.

Tracey said...

Isn't it great when we meet our cyber friends face to face? I'm glad you had a wonderful visit, and also that you're feeling a bit better (what a scary thing, that was!)

Linda G. said...

Lisa,
You are indeed Blessed to have so many Buddies!
I took up your challenge and am posting a letter a day.
Best wishes for your continued recovery!
Linda

Jamie said...

Very cool to have blog buddies come by.....

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving

B is for Bountiful friendships

Dan and Betty said...

Hi Lisa,

Very kind words! We were so glad to be able to stop by. Your place is great--love the animals, loved the kids, loved the eggs and loved connecting your live face with your great blog! Tag, you're it. Come for a visit any time.

Betty

Melanie said...

"B" is for BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!

Just joking...lol!!! How neat that you were able to meet more blogging buddies! Icelandic horses, eh? I will have to check out their blog when I have a minute!

Hope that you are feeling better?
I wanted to thank you for your upbeat, kind, and positive comments that you always leave on my blog! You are a sweetie!

Callie said...

Ok, my friend, I've done the random things tag! Come have a giggle!

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

Good to see you feeling much better!

Egghead said...

They seem like such neat people. I love the photo of you with them.

Anonymous said...

How fun! It looks like you all had a wonderful time. I agree, blogging buddies are the best.

B also is for Bad Boy Rooster.

I'm happy you are feeling better, Lisa.
Have a great day.
Pam

ezra_pandora said...

By visiting one blog, I too have then come across so many great people who are different in so many ways but still have something in common. Every day it seems I am bumping into a new and even more interesting blog to read and catch up on. Keep on blogging so more people can keep finding more bloggers!

GreyWolf said...

Brand them all with the Laughing Orca Ranch ink stamper.

A Colorful World said...

Lisa--I am so behind in looking at your blog, I didn't realize you were in the hospital! That had to be VERY scary, but thank the Good Lord all turned out well. Sorry you have to be on the bland diet, but I trust things will begin to be much better for you now....glad it wasn't your heart!

Marie