(wiping sweat from my brow) I've been working so hard in the kitchen. My fingers are aching from using the crock pot, coffee maker, and bread maker. (Not to mention the computer keyboard) I wonder if future generations of humans will be born with extra long fingers, filled out with mega muscles to facilitate using the throngs of buttons and knobs in appliances, games and hand-held gizmos?
I digress.
I've been busy baking Egg Bread. Yum.

The texture is amazing and it tastes so good. I think my fingers need a nap. Maybe I'll try eating like a horse, instead. (munch, munch)

Recipe: Egg Bread (Bread Machine)
3/4 C milk
2 Eggs (I use 3, because I want to)
3 C. Bread Flour (You can use All Purpose, but the texture will be different)
1 1/2 tsp Salt
3 Tb. Butter, softened
1/4 C Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Yeast
1 tsp Water (at my 7,000ft altitude I use 1 Tb water)
Place ingredients, in the order seen above, in your breadmaker, Exhaust your fingers typing in the secret codes to make the bread making gadget do your bidding. A few hours later...Presto! Dump out your delicious Egg Bread. Slice, butter and Eat. Wipe the sweat from your brow and put your fingers to bed.
13 comments :
LOL!!! You crack me up! I think that you may have missed your calling to be an anthropology professor!
The bread looks delish, and I would probably eat waaaaay to much of it. :)
Hey Lisa,
Since I have a bread making disability,and my last bread turned out strange looking...I do believe I have the nerve to try your egg bread recipe.
It looks so good.
Thanks for the recipe and have a great weekend.
Pam
Good job!
All I have accomplished today is a brush pile.
I hav eto tell you,Lisa, that the song by sarah Brightman is one of my favorite songs. I am going to try the egg bread as I use a bread machine and I'm always looking for good recipes.
Linda M
Thank you for the recipe and the laughter. Bread looks good!
You have a bread machine!!! You lucky dog! I am sooo intimidated by making bread - my mom could just whip it out without measuring anything. She baked almost everything that way and cooked too. I have her knack for cooking, but baking is an exact science...but bread scares me!! Yours looks so yummy - your poor wittle fingers though - poor baby... Guess what!? - we have had sunshine for 3 days in a row and more on tap for tomorrow!!! Holy Moly!! What's gonna happen - sunshine in Oregon in November!!?? what next??
Looks to good not to try, even though I rarely have good results from my machine.
Thank your poor tired fingers for me!
You poor, weary soul! I can sympathize...I had to make potato bread today in my bread maker. It came out so moist! It was the first "fast bake" recipe I tried and I am happy with how it came out.
You mentioned the texture will be different if you use all-purpose flour. Can you describe "different"? I've only been using bread flour so I'm curious about how bread comes out if you don't use it.
Lisa, that bread looks delicious! And that bread maker is so simple, my parents had one in Sweden and my dad would always bake fresh bread... Here in Niger, I use the solar oven - works 90% of the days, except for when there is too much dust or potential rain in the air...
That's a really nicely browned bread machine bread! Sometimes they don't look that good! Ibet it tastes really good too--it looks like a good recipe. Hey, now don't work yourself too hard!!! You might need to take a long rest or something! lol
You are funny. We have a bread make as well and hubby uses it most often. I will give him this recipe. OK now I must go slather butter on some bread and munch away. Not as good as yours but since you have made me hungry I can't help it.
heheh Melanie. I'm glad you liked that. I wish you lived closer. I'd make you your own loaf of Egg Bread :)
Thanks Pam. I hope it turns out just as good for you, too.
Gail. Bah! Brush pile. You must be wore out! :P
Thanks Linda. I'm glad you enjoyed the egg bread and the music.
Thanks Farmer Jen. I'm glad I made you smile.
LOL! C-ing Spots. You're too funny. Yes, bread can be a scary thing. I've had to play around with it up in our high altitude to get it right. There's been a lot of 'ooops' bread around here. The chickens enjoy it :)
Thanks Grey Wolf. I hope it turns out well for you, too.
Hi Amy...potatoe bread, eh? Will you be sharing your recipe? I hope so. Yummy! All purpose flour is not as fine and tends to make the texture rougher and not as dense and smooth. Bread flour is so much better for baking bread.
Hi Esther,
That solar oven sounds really cool. :)
Hey Tile Lady,
You're so funny :) Thanks for the sweet comment.
Hey Vonda, I aim to please around here. Enjoy that bread and butter :)
~Lisa
I am making this bread right now! I had to add a little more flour- maybe 1 tablespoon is a bit too much water. Anyway, hope it's as good as yours!
Post a Comment