Saturday, January 31, 2009

Silent Sunday~Equine Spirit

"I have seen things so beautiful, that they have brought tears to my eyes. Yet, none of them can match the gracefulness and beauty of a horse running free."
"A horse never runs so fast as when he has other horses to catch up and outpace.”
"The Joy of horses is not the riding, jumping, racing, showing, or grooming, but of owning."
"A true horseman does not look at the horse with his eyes, he looks at the horse with his heart."
"There comes a point in every rider's life when she wonders if it's all worth it. Then one look at the horse, and she realizes - it is."
"The horse, with beauty unsurpassed, strength immeasurable and grace unlike any other, still remains humble enough to carry a man upon his back." "The horse. Here is nobility without conceit, friendship without envy, beauty without vanity. A willing servant, yet never a slave."

From the Tower of,



32 comments :

Anonymous said...

Your photos show your love, Lisa. They are all beautiful! Keep right on healing and you'll be back on Baby Doll in no time.

Nancy

Unknown said...

Can I hear an Amen?!

Thanks for that - warmed my heart while sitting here on my heating pad.

You and I will both see the day we ride again - right?

--the tears I hold in my eye won't fall till the day they tell me I can't ride ---

Egghead said...

Lisa those photos are amazing. You will ride again, you know. Keep the faith. Hope things are healing well.

jacksonsgrrl said...

What a wonderful post! You are so creative! Inspiring!
Hope you are doing well!
--Mindy

Anonymous said...

Your photos are wonderful. Great action shots. But i really love the headline photo with the llamas.

Pony Girl said...

Nice pics, looks like it was nice lighting. All glowy! :)
I like the quotes you chose to put with them, too!
Hope you had a happy weekend, my friend!!

Pony Girl said...

Nice pics, looks like it was nice lighting. All glowy! :)
I like the quotes you chose to put with them, too!
Hope you had a happy weekend, my friend!!

Cheryl Ann said...

Beautiful photos, Lisa. Get well soon! You'll be back riding again, I just know it! Me too!
Hugs from sunny California!
~~Cheryl Ann~~

Callie said...

Very nice post! Where do you find those cartoon drawings!

colleen said...

Oh the things you see from that tower of yours...I'm jealous.
I hope you're feeling better. Give Babydoll and kiss when you see her..

Leah Fry said...

I like the vintage cowgirl art -- it's YOU!

Linda G. said...

You're making the best of your time in the tower! I love this post, both photos and words..

Latharia said...

I have to admit, horses & I usually don't get along, but I admire their fierce spirits & awesome power! :D

Jocelyn said...

great pics my friend.

I have word verif and I am still gettting spam?

I love it when my horse just runs and runs around me then when she's done she wanders over for a wither scratch...

Celeste said...

I totally agree Lisa, there is nothing more beautiful than a horse running free.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Truly magnificent creatures.

Grey Horse Matters said...

All good quotes to go with great pictures.

Anonymous said...

I'm back - I don't watch football, but I get a kick out of the Superbowl commercials. I just watched Bud's "Horse Love" bit - very sweet! Made me think of you. You can google superbowl commercials - this vid is #1 on the list.

Nancy

Dan and Betty said...

Very nice and all true. Great pictures too.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

white_lilly said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful words :)

It won't be long and you will be riding again and we will be all waiting and watching with baited breath to see the joy and excitment on your face and in your heart as you ride Baby Doll.
Take Care:)

Carla said...

I've had a busy weekend, so I'm just now catching up on blogs. That is in answer to yesterday's blog. I read about 10 every day, and sometimes don't get a chance to comment on any of them. I pop in to read one, and have to get back to something less indulgent (like vacuuming).

Today's blog---great pictures and thoughts! I snuggled my friend's minis yesterday. They are such lap horses. I don't see myself ever having a big horse again, but maybe minis. :)

Congrats on all your very deserved awards! Hang in there girl!

cdncowgirl said...

I love your posts Lisa but I have to say this is one of my favourites.
The quotes and the pics all went together so well.
I think I need to bookmark this one to come back to when I'm having a "bad horse day".

CTG Ponies said...

Great pics! Love the buck! My Mexican Mustang Jet can buck like that (but never under saddle, thank heavens). They really are majestic creatures!

D. said...

What a wonderously beautifully AWESOMELY artistic and poetic post on the horse. The pics are incredible. You have such an awesome way of getting those great action shots and adding perfect quotes!!!!
Deanna

Andrea said...

Where have I been, I have missed all these posts, and your pictures are amazing!! Great pictures and beautiful quotes to go with them!!

Melanie said...

Great photos from atop your tower, Rapunzel!!! LOL!!!

And not only are they great photos, but they are excellent quotes as well! :)

DesertHen said...

Great shots! No, Beautiful shots! You will be back in the saddle sooner than you think.....Hey, hummm that tune while you are doing PT..."back in the saddle again"........

(((HUGS))))

gtyyup said...

No truer words have ever been spoken...excellent Lisa...my you are being so methodical ;~) (but I am reading your posts in reverse order trying to catch up!) LOL...

Kathie Brown said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful words.

ezra_pandora said...

I some how missed this post :) Of all the pretty posts, I miss the horse one!! lol I love seeing pictures of horses kicking up their heels. I have vowed to take many more a picture of my girls this summer. There just can't be too many I've decided.

allhorsestuff said...

You are so clever girl!
KK

Lisa said...

Beautiful pictures and sentiments. This brought tears to my eyes.