"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of."
-Sir Walter Scott
"Sometimes she sits at your feet looking into your face with an expression so gentle and caressing that the depth of her gaze startles you."- Theophile Gautier
"Meow is like aloha - it can mean anything."
- Hank Ketchum
"There's no need for a piece of sculpture in a home that has a cat."- Wesley Bates
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
"Cats are glorious creatures ~ who must on no accounts be underestimated. Their eyes are fathomless depths of cat-world mysteries." - Lesley Anne Ivory
Javalina is my daughter's Manx cat. If ever there was a guardian and a soul mate within one animal it would be this cat. Girl and feline are inseparable and lonely without one another. Javalina is infinitely patient with my daughter and allows her to do whatever she wishes with her. My daughter is loving and affectionate towards her dear pet. Every night, they sleep wrapped around one another, as if they are one being, neither animal nor human.
"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life." - Faith Resnick
Javalina is more like a dog than a cat sometimes. She fetches toys, licks hands, and begs for treats. She's also very athletic. I've never seen a cat jump as high or as far as her.
Javalina is also very funny. She has kleptomanic tendancies and steals rugs, towels, socks, toys, and stuffed animals and carries them upstairs to stash under my bed. If we're missing something we always check Javalina's Lair first.
Do you have a special cat, too? What sort of unique things does your cat do to entertain you and bring you joy?
From the Tower of,

29 comments :
Javalina and your daughter are beautiful! My Emma came to live with me 16 months ago from the foster home that rescued her from an alley. I've had many cats - and dogs - over the years, but I've never been home most of the time with my furry companion until Emma. She also has many modes and personas - dog mode, pony mode, etc. She "helps" me type, sometimes putting strange symbols in my messages to people. Like Simon's cat on YouTube, she makes a very active alarm clock, walking or jumping on me, patting my eyelids, mouth, and any other skin surface she can reach. Here's to Emma with love!
Nancy
Those are award winning photographs my dear...I don't think you realize how good some of this time off has been for you, but your artful eye(which was already fantastic) has gotten incredably honed of late!
Your story really touched me Lisa.
I love that Tortie manx!!! Your daughter and she are the most heart rendering, in a good way, sight! I love it!
My Elsie Button Boo is a manx as well, and though Bruce picked her for himself...I am her momma and she goes where I am. It breaks his heart sometimes..so when she is in his lap I take snaps of it and print them for him to remember, that she sought him out too!
Kac
Beautiful Daughter,cat,and pictures! I am a cat lover. My Lily Bug was a little stray we adopted. She cuddles everynight with me. Has to be in my arms. She will stay in bed with me all day if I am sick, and wants to be in my lap all the time. I love her!
Enjoy your blogg!
I lost my soulmate when I lost my BooBoo kitty last March. I love the current two -- Minnie & Leeloo -- but there will never be another Boo. As my son says, "The best cat EVER." There always seems to be two. They find us when the time is right.
Great photos! I love kitties!
She is just so beautiful. My hubby's cat plays fetch with him, and we recently got a kitten for my oldest son, she is wonderful with the kids. Little one carries her around all the time and she just hangs out wondering where they are going. She loves to sleep on her back, curled up in my arms. I just love her.
Gorgeous pictures! What a sweet kitty and daughter you have!
I laughed at the comment about being a mouse in the next life! Too funny!
She is lovely Lisa! (Your daughter too! LOL)
No kitties here- we have enough going on with two wild men, Jo The Wonder Nanny Dog, and Sonny Bunz. But we enjoy kitties at our clients! There is one stop that has this HUGE long haired blonde kitty with blue eyes, who just looks at the boys and purrs like crazy. He will let Wrecking Crew cart him around (and the kitty is almost as big as Wrecker is,) and just hangs out of his arms. He is fantastic!
Thanks for putting up those great pix of your beautiful kitty!
She's BEAUTIFUL! Very unique coloring! I currently have 4 cats and my cousin's Siamese just had a little of 4, of which I get one! I'm a real "cat woman"! I LOVE cats! They are all so unique and goofy! Guess I'll have to do a "cat blog" entry someday...
Our Lucky showed up at our house during the framing stage of building. He has taken Pearl through elementary school and now middle school. He's put up with her learning curve on how to properly treat a cat. He calls for her when he doesn't know where she is in the house. He takes up way too much space on her twin bed. He punishes her quickly and then forgives her misdeeds ( ie:accidently closing him in her closet). He's our first cat ever and hopefully will be with us for many years to come.
Jenna is very lucky to have Javelina!! Is she an indoor cat only, or an indoor/outdoor?
Beautiful daughter and cat. My Burnie wakes me up if I'm sleeping too late. He just walked into the house as I was going out, and stayed.
This is a great post, Lisa! Great photos and I love the quotes!
I'm allergic to cats although I was able to have a kitty when I was younger.
Javelina is absolutely gorgeous and those are excellent photos of her.
Pretty name. How did you come up with it?
Don't get me started on my lovebug. Bear is love incarnate. The Jimmy Buffet, laid back, zen guru of the cat world. Purrs so loud I can hear him in another room.
And if I thought you couldn't outdo the Horse post - I was WRONG.
Those cat photos are incredible - I can picture these photos and quotes in a gallery showing!!!!
Nice job lady.
Deanna
PS - if I had any clue how to do one of those awards you'd get one each for the Horse and Cat posts - UM - can't wait to see what you do today.....and on who/what? Maybe there is a book or some such thing in your future??????
When I was a kid I had a cat who was far and away the best cat ever. Very involved in everything, waited by the door for me to come home from school so we could play, never bit or scratched. But the cats I've had as an adult have never lived up to him. They have been standoffish, 'don't hold me', never sit in laps, prefer to be in another room to hanging out with the family, spend most of their time outside hunting mice. Just bad luck I guess, all cats are different. But I'd say I've gone from being a 'cat lover' to a 'cat liker'.
Awww! Such cute kittie-cat pictures! As you probably saw, I have 2 cats, Honeybuns and Daisy. They are both very cute, except they both have their own unique personalities.
Honey-B is very independent, although the more beautiful of the two cats. She was adopted at Lollypop farm by me. Yes, she's totally mine. I love her to pieces. She still won't sleep on my bed with me. She'll stay there for a few minutes, but then she'll just gracefully get up and leave. She loves her right ear scratched.
Daisy is a mouser. She goes out in the summer and catches mice out back. She likes attention from the people she knows, but doesn't like when company is here... she always hides when that happens. She is my brothers'. She sleeps on my bed sometimes, sometimes on other beds. She tells you when she's annoyed all right. I have 3 scratches on my right wrist right now...
So, that's my summary. Hope you enjoyed it! :D
Lydia
Awwww....what a sweet kitty, and of course Jenna is just too cute as well! :)
You have already read about my cool kitty (Twittums), and it sounds like Twit and Javalina have a lot in common.
Maybe Katie and Jenna can get together for a kitty play date one day...lol!!! Does Javalina like bottles and strollers???
How are you feeling my friend??? I am still a bit worried about you, but from the looks of your posts, you are feeling somewhat better. :)
Hello sweet pea! Happy Monday to you! Those pictures are really good! I love cats, unfortuately I haven't had them in years because my daughter is allergic. YOUR daughter is beautiful by the way!!!
Love the Valentine's Day background!
What a wonderful post, Javalina is a delight, those eyes are so mysterious.
I always used to be hypnotized when looking in to a lions eyes when I lived in Zambia. They seemed to be so deep and yet so thoughtful. You always wonder what they are thinking, and no, it is not always 'can I eat her!' they have quite a natural fear of humans so there was definitely more going on than that. Cat's of all shapes and sizes are most definitely an enigma.
That first shot is stunning.
Glad you liked my bushfire shots. Many thanks for the kind comment.
Very nice pictures and great quotes - all true.
We have had 5 cats over the last 39 years and our last one, Sarah, died a little over a month ago. She'll be the last because both of our daughters-in-law are allergic to cats and it's a good probability our granddaughter will have an allergy as well.
We're down to one dog and three horses. When the dog goes it will be just the three horses.
Dan
Those are beautiful and inspiring photos of Javalina!! Excellent! And a beautiful story too~~
Just Tat the barn cat here now...he's the workin' sort of cat...but at 12 he doesn't work as much as he used to!
It seems, now that I think on it, that all of my cats have been utilitarian...how awful of me huh? Well, some people are cat people, some people are dog people...some are livestock people...I love them all...just at different levels.
Loved the cat pictures, not that I'm partial to cats or anything like that.
Jewel
That is one beautiful cat! Mine are sweet but nowhere near as pretty.
Lovely photos! Javalina is a sweetie!
Great kitty photos! I have always loved cats, and mine are my precious babies.
What a beautiful relationship your daughter & Javalina share. I enjoyed the photos and the lovely quotes about our feline friends.
I have about 40 special cats who share my life. My newest addition to the cat herd is a little guy my husband brought home from a gas station. He was on deaths door according to my vet but has turned into quite a little treasure.
Lisa
Beautiful cat pictures and witticisms or should I say catticisms??? LOL We had a Siamese cat once that stole our jewelry and hid it under a kitchen cabinet; she only stole the GOOD stuff too! Cat burglar?
Lisa you took such great close ups of her. You must be loving your camera. I love cats.
Post a Comment