Monday, February 2, 2009

My World Tuesday~Views from the Tower


Come along with me and see what I see in My World Tuesday.

When I'm not lying down watching my leg and knee bend while it goes up and down in my Continual Passive Motion Machine, stretching my healing ACL.........



I am gazing out my windows watching the world go by. And these are the things I see.............


I see Blanca, a Navajo Churro Sheep.....counting sheep for an afternoon siesta.



I see Pepper, a Boer/Cashmere cross goat, napping on a table.



I see a llama scratching an itch.



I see a dozing elf-eared mini-mancha goat named Latte.



I see a beautiful Mountain Bluebird eyeing up some llama wool for nest-building.




I see Catlinite, our gelding llama, dutifully watching over his flock.




I see a herd of goats basking in the sunshine.




I see Miss Luna the angora goat looking pretty in her sparkling white curls.





Pepper says, "Darn paparazzi, always taking photos of me!"




There is something so calming about sleeping sheep. Who needs to count sheep when you can see one sleeping? (yawn....)




I see lovely llama statues.



I see my painted pony, Baby Doll, and my neighbor friend's horse, Scout.





I see two dead horses.......Just kidding. They're really just sleeping.




See? No dead horses here. hehe


And did you happen to see the numbers on my CPM? Yep. I made it to 90 Flexion!! I've struggled for 4 weeks to bend past 60 flexion but my knee just wouldn't stretch without pain. So this is a major milestone for me and I'm quite happy about it. Of course, it's just in time, too, as the company is picking up the machine today. So, I'm on my own with physical therapy and exercises to get the rest of the way there.

Wish me luck! (Do you see it? 90 Degrees!!! Woot!)


By the way, I thought I had it bad. Poor Gertie of City Boy Starts Farming had to go through a Knee Reconstruction Surgery due to ripped ACL, too. But Rancher Ron has taken good care of his pooch, and she is on the road to recovery.


Finally, I'd like to ask you all to say prayers for, send positive healing thoughts and vibes to Rebecca of Yellow Jacket Ridge Ranch and her stepson, Clayton, who has recently suffered from a stroke that has caused his brain to bleed. He is now in a coma in a Denver hospital, on full life support.

And one more. Callie over at MidWest Horse could use some words of support and encouragement, as well as prayers for her hubby, Steve. He slipped on the ice yesterday and broke 3 bones in his ankle, and had to undergo surgery to repair his mangled ankle. Poor guy. And what a lot of stress for Callie, who is also being harassed by an obnoxious, rude blogger, who keeps leaving her hurtful comments. Stop by and send her some love, ok?


Have a beautiful day everyone!

From the Tower of,


45 comments :

Lilli & Nevada said...

Well i think you have an amazing place to view all those beautiful critters, hope you get better soon though so you can roam around with them, nice blog

Pony Girl said...

I love the picture with the bluebird! And the new avatar with "you" on crutches, how clever! ;)
Congrats on the 90 degrees! Hang in their Rapunzel!

Anonymous said...

I love your view, Lisa! Just wish you had an elevator so you could pop down from your tower and give Baby Doll an extra hug now and then... :-D

Warm greetings from Africa,
Esther

TxFarmhouse said...

Congrats on making it to 90! What an accomplishment. Keep on, keep on and you'll be back amongst your critters soon. Love all your pictures.
RiverBend Farm

Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras said...

Your pictures are lovely! Your animals look so content. When I saw how magnificent and regal the llama looked I was just humbled by the wonder of our furry friends.

The horse comment made me laugh...dead horses. I don't know much about horses and remember seeing some lying down like that. I was told horses sleep standing up so I thought they were dead. Found out animal control gets a lot of calls like that :-)

Paparazzi oh so funny! You always make me smile.

I'm so jealous your white angora has such gorgeous fiber!

And thank you so much for your loving thoughts and prayers.

PS You've got nice legs girlfriend ...all that exercise is paying off!

linda m said...

Way to go, Lisa! Congrats on the 90 degrees. Beautiful pics.

Mrs. Mom said...

LOL Lisa- that blue bird is looking to nest ON that llama! ;) Wouldn't that be something... wander out to hear peeping coming from that lovely fiber, and find a small nest in there...hehe

^5 on the 90! You GO girl!! Keep it up, and keep working it. Pop made the mistake of slacking off on his exercises after the machine left, and he lost ground in his shoulder. So Keep Working On Things!!!!

MB Shaw said...

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for stopping by my blog for the contest. I was so drawn to the name of your blog as I *love* Orca's and the idea of a ranch fascinated me. So, needless to say, I have just spent who knows how much time :-) reading and clicking around. The critters are all amazing, just love them, the outdoor ones, all of them. Oh how marvelous is must be and to raise your children with all them around is just *magic.* Of course I love the guinea pigs too, reminded me of all the lil piggies I had growing up....
Take care of yourself and heal fast!!
Mary Beth

Louise said...

I'm jealous of that bluebird! I never see blue here. THe only time I do are closer to where you live, and it's usually a fleeting glimpse, except when we found your letterboxes at that nature reserve where we saw some Pinon Jays up close.

I love the "dead" horses. When I was about 10, I had never seen horses lying down. Once day I saw one in a field lying down, but it was arranged in a way that it didn't look like a horse. I couldn't believe my eyes that there was a dead white elephant in the field. I argued that it was one. Late it got up and was the same horse that was always there.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Congratulations! The big nine-oh. Your camera sure has been a lifeline to you being stuck up there in your tower. I gossiped about you in my blog this morning. Stop by a take a read.

Christy said...

Such gorgeous animals! I can't wait to have some pretty woolies in my field. Do the goats and sheep live together? How do you handle the minerals thing if they do? I want mine to live together but everything makes the minerals sound so complicated.

Anonymous said...

Great tour today! And congratulations on the 90 degrees - you're coming right along. Thank you for sharing...
Nancy in Atlanta

The Good Life in Virginia said...

all your kids are waiting patiently for mom to come outside and give pets and lovies ^..^ they miss you.

congrats on reaching 90 on the CPMM gizmo. that is great. got to hand it to you for being such a trooper.

thanks for the recent award. you are too kind.

hugs and good thoughts always...and continue the good work on rehabing that knee.

erin

Laura said...

Great photos - I really like the little blue bird that came for a visit...

??? said...

The bluebird is striking! I love all those animal pictures :) I hope your knee will have a speedy rehab!

Claire MW said...

Yay!!! 90 is Awesome!! What an accomplishment. I bet you will be pleased to see the machine disappear though.

Loved all your critter pictures. I can't wait to see our Eastern bluebirds start their nest building this spring. We don't see the Western ones of course.

Hang in there and keep moving that knee even though the machine is gone!

allhorsestuff said...

Hi sweets...I had to beat my hubby to the computer this am and get the "My World" post up..I linked to it last night B-4 I read the rules(just like me to get excited and not follow through properly!)

I LOVE the flat-out-horse shot!(((HA)))
Great news on your therapy/recovery milestones! You got her made!!!
Thanks for the invites to encourage as well~ you bestower of all things lovley!
Kac

ezra_pandora said...

Dead horses, lol. I think I seriously would have been making some loud noises or throwing something just to make sure. That would surely make my heart beat quicker.

Yay for 90!! You will do just fine with your PT and without the machine. persistance is key. You can do it.

I LOVE looking at your sheep and llamas. They are so neat.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Congratulations on hitting the 90 degree mark. Too bad the machine goes back today. Your view from the tower isn't so bad, who wouldn't love to be able to look out the window and see all those cuties.

Linda G. said...

You go Girl! 90 degrees is awesome! (how hip is that talk? It's Granddaughterspeak:) The sentimate is all me..good for you!
We used to have many bluebirds, but have seen very few in the last 20 years or so. Your picture is stunning!
Take care ivory towered one,
Linda

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

boy, I just went to your December archives to read about what actually happened to you. geez.

Yes, I have fallen off a horse. My husband and I had a pair of Paint sisters. We were trail riding but through some bushes a car pulled up, parked, and slammed the doors. Both horses almost dropped to the ground, then ran. Mike and I both hit the ground, took me a minute to get my breath, Mike eased up on the horses and caught 'em, I wasn't physically hurt, but shaken and mad. Was on my birthday, some present.

They say ACL is a long rehab. What six months to a year? Just gotta hang in there.

Anonymous said...

thanx for sharing your "animal farm" with us... Talk about room with a view.. heal well

gp in montana

Jocelyn said...

Nice Legs there Sister!

The Dead horses thing was funny..

You package hasn't arrived yet??
It must be on a slow boat to CHINA!
The UPS man did tell me that for a FACT you live in Eastern BFE!

Melanie said...

I am still loving your "tower" view, and the pictures that come from it!!

90 degrees...yay!!!! See??? You are getting better rather quickly, don't you think??? In no time, spring will arrive in all of its glory, and there will be Lisa...out playing with her kidlets and menagerie of animals. :)

PS-I knew those muck boots looked familiar! (on my award!!)

cdncowgirl said...

Yay for 90!!!
*high 5*

I read your comments over at my place. I totally think you should set up some barrels when you're riding again! Even just working at a walk and trot can be fun AND a good workout for your horsemanship. (Check out BrownEyed Cowgirls practive pattern)

Unknown said...

Well first of all 'ouch', I hope you continue to mend well, love the kitty watching it all going on! You have a great view and lots of interesting animals to watch, love the lama.

Carla said...

WooHoo on the big numbers for your knee!!!!

I'll visit the blogs you said are in need of prayers.

It looks like the goats and sheep are minding their manners and staying in their pen. Zuni must have made and impression.

Dan and Betty said...

I love to watch animals sleep in the sun. I could stand at our kitchen window all day and watch our horses when they're snoozing.

Great pictures.

Dan

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

I just love all the pics you take! Hmmm, are you sure you didn't photoshop a 90 on that remote thing in your hand ;-), jk, great job reaching 90! Your cat seems very proud of you...
Ya know Lester NEVER sun bathes. Never.
More jingles for your leg and for YellowJRA's and Callies hubbies!

Anonymous said...

The world is a weird place... "hurtful blogger?!" Why on earth would someone WANT to be a hurtful blogger? I just doesn't make sense...

Congrats on 90*!! Wow, you're doing great, keep it up!

Off to give Callie some love and support and those others will be in my prayers as well.

billie said...

I love the bluebird but my favorite is your 90 picture with your helper right there cheering you on... :)

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Way to go Lisa!

I love all your photos but the "boys sleeping" is my favorite. Isn't that bluebird cute? When I was riding yesterday morning there was a pair of them flying around in our fields. Hopefully, they're scoping out a nesting place. There was also a "city chicken" that Scout and I chased. I do not want any pigeons!

Grammy said...

Hi Lisa, Hope you are feeling better today. Big hug. I have something special for you on my blog.

Private said...

I love your blog. These pics make me smile.

http://racheteapaintersdiary.blogspot.com/

Kathie Brown said...

I love all the goats, horses, farm animals. I have a hidden rancher/farmer inside me. I married an office boy, who has no use for any of that! I tried briefly when we lived in Idaho. I had a horse, goats, and a garden. Ah, well, this is my life now. I don't know if I could go back to the farm thing. I do like my freedom to travel. I guess I just need to make friends with someone like you or Cheryl Ann and come visit once in awhile. I'll just enjoy your animals through the internet and your window on this world! Sorry you're still in bed but, Thanks for the view!

P.S. the bluebird is spectacular!

Chelsi said...

Yay! For 90!!! Good Job!!!

Man Oh man you have a whole lot of fur (wool, hair, whatever you call it) at your place! You could put me in sweaters for the next decade or two! All such pretty, well kept looking animals.

I wanted to thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. You made me cry! I am blown away but all the support I have received on the Shaunti and "steps" post but your thoughts were especially apprecaited because I know how difficult of a time you are going through right now. I am so happy that maybe something I wrote could touch you and maybe give you hope to find horses again.

So... I appreciate you too!

And keep up the good work!

C

Andrea said...

I am really impressed with that zoom of yours! Dang girl!! I might have to get me one of those cameras!!

I love to look at your sheep! They are all so beautiful. All those pictures made me feel like I was right there.

And Oh my, poor Clayton! That must be so scary. I will definatly keep them in my prayers.

And hooray for you and 90!! That is awesome!!

white_lilly said...

Yay!!! 90 degrees, see that mountains wasn't that hard to climb
sexy leg by the way :)

It must be nap time at your place...what great photos

Take care
Sue

gtyyup said...

WhoooHoooo girl you hit 90!!! Whoever thought we could be happy to hit 90???...thank goodness we're not talking about years ;~)

I'm just so glad you're up in the tower and not in the dungeon...you're spirits are soaring...and it shows.

Keep up the good work...you're in our prayers~~

PS~my post today is just for you...stop on by...

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

I'm glad you got that new camera! I cant wait to see your pics once your up and about! Sounds like things are finally coming a lot!!! Good for you! I'm without elec.....we had a major ice storm..I blogged about it...so i wont be by for a few days again...glad to catch up and thinking of you!
Rachel

Celeste said...

Is that Javalina helping with the knee stretches? Congrats on getting to ninety degrees - that's huge! Great job! Love all your woolies, especially the llamas :)

Lisa said...

Whoa, I love your menagerie of friends - they are gorgeous!! I love Miss Luna, she's a beauty. Very cool entry and congrats on the 90. Glad to hear you are doing well although the leg machine looks like torture.

Take good care,
Lisa

Oman said...

with these views, i hope you heal faster.

let me share my white water rafting adventure to you here

Egghead said...

First I am loving the photo of the goat on the table. Ha ha! I also love the bird..so beautiful and bright. Last what is wrong with people today? I don't get harassment. Just bugs the crud out of me.

Michelle said...

I cannot believe how fantastic your camera is, to zoom in that close and crystal-clear on the bluebird! But then again I haven't ever checked out the high-end digitals, because they are way out of this family's budget. You do know you are spoiled, right? I am, too. We both have husbands who work hard so we can stay home with our kids and have and feed our animals and do the things (at least part of the time) we like to do. My husband sometimes feels like all he gets to do is work and sleep, while I get to play with the animals, etc. Yes, I cook and clean and shop and wash and homeschool and even run a little-bitty at home business to pay for a few extras, but it is true, I DO have time for more of what I like than he ever does....