Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sky Watch Friday~Western Sunset


After Val of Fantastyk Voyager rode and worked my painted pony, she went home and then called me to look outside and enjoy the gorgeous sunset. Such a beautiful way to end a great day.

I enjoy participating in Sky Watch Friday because it reminds me to stop and appreciate nature and the beauty all around me.
These photos are directly out of my Canon Powershot SX110 digital camera. This beautiful sky required no editing. I took these photos from my bathroom window looking up towards our paddocks and barn.
The colors were so vivid.
Towards the end of the sky show, the colors grew deeper and richer.
To see beautiful skies from around the world, please visit Sky Watch Friday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have a HUGE thank you to send out to my beautiful friend White Lilly. She said she wanted to send me a little something from Australia a while ago and I thought it would be so wonderful to receive a card from so far away from someone so sweet. But I was very surprised when a package arrived from the land of Oz instead. Inside was this adorable pink cap and this exciting Australian Horseman magazine. I've already read it cover-to-cover and have enjoyed seeing the differences and similarities in horse riding, rodeo, horses, tack, etc. And I just love the cap, too. It's the softest cotton and fits me perfectly. I'm wearing it right now actually! Thank you so much, my dear friend for your generosity and kindness. I'm so blessed to have you in my life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also want to say a huge thank you to all of you that left me such supportive and understanding comments about the loss of my little chicken. You helped me feel so much better. I cried while reading all of your replies and even though I still feel sad, I believe, like many of you said, that her cruel death was not in vain. I just want you all to know how much it means to me that you'd care enough about me and my animals to take the time to be so kind. Thank you! Smooches to all of you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And finally, this situation puts everything into perspective. Life is so very fragile, my friends.

If you have a few minutes, please stop by Sweet Cottage Dreams to give your support, encouragment and a few sympathetic words. This Mother has gone through what every parent dreads. The loss of their child.

Last week, her handsome, smiling son was killed after he returned from doing his Air Force duty over in the Middle East. This amazing Mother created the most beautiful tribute to her son. I sat and gazed at the wonderful photos of her son and grinned at all the silly stories, and the joy he brought to everyone's lives he touched. Tears poured from my eyes realizing the sacrifices he and his family have made in serving and protecting our country. This young man bought his first car last year and was just married in November. His life was just beginning. Instead it was snuffed out in an instant.

Please consider visiting Sweet Cottage Dreams to honor this young man and pay your respects and give some encouraging words to this Mother and her family. Just remember to have tissues ready.....



From the Tower of,

28 comments :

Redzlan said...

Spectacular sunset fresh without touching!

Grey Horse Matters said...

What a gorgeous sky. You're lucky to be living in the land of enchantment.

Linda G. said...

Hi Lisa,
I'm just getting caught up on my reading here, and I want to say I'm truly sorry about your hen. It may seem silly to some to love every little creature so much, but not to me. I grieve over every little lost soul.

You look very cute in that cap. Pink is definately your color:)

And your sunset photos are just fantastic! You live in such a beautiful place...
Take care, and
hugs...Linda

Louise said...

I totally missed that sunset, too! I have no idea where I was! Beautiful!

C-ingspots said...

Hi Lisa, just getting caught up here. Very sad about Cottage dreams son...I can't even imagine their grief. And I'm so very sorry about your little hen too. All God's creatures are precious and deserve love, care and respect. Good for your hubby for not wanting to let any of your other animals go. You'll be back on your feet before long and can repay your family then. But for now, that's what family are for. Sounds like you have been fairly busy with all the PT - how's that going?
Take care.

Gail said...

No fair! Your sky photos are always prettier than mine! I'm taking my camera and going home.

white_lilly said...

I love the sunset photos, you know people living in dense populated areas would not appreciated such beauty because it would be hidden amongst the concrete jungle.

I'm really glad you like the magazine and the cap I sent you. You look really good in it and I think pink is your colour. You are such a sweet and caring person and I am thankful for knowing you.

I am saddened to hear about Cottage Dreams son.

Take care
xoxoxoxo

Dan and Betty said...

Beautiful pictures, Lisa. Thanks for sharing all that's going on.

Dan

Sylvia K said...

Incredibly beautiful photos!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Lovely pictures, reminds me of when I lived in Tuscon

Egghead said...

Lisa I am getting caught up on reading. I love that sunset. You must have been staring at the same sky I took a photo of. It was Tuesday night and just beautiful. I am really sorry about your hen. Poor girl. Oh and that poor mom losing her son. I know how her heart feels. It is truly something you never get over. Never.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Wow, you really caught the sky's colors! Wasn't it gorgeous?

I wanna read the Aussie cowboy magazine!! That is way cool! It just makes me wanta get hurt the way you are getting all that stuff!! hehee, just kidding! You just get better quick, so we can ride together!

I'm so sad for Cottage Dreams...

Unknown said...

So sorry about your little hen :-( These are great bathroom shots, just gorgeous! Love the pink cap too, very cute.

Grammy said...

Wonderful sky watch photos. I missed most of them here.

Andrea said...

Great sunset shots!! It's so amazing the colors the sky can be!!

And what fantastic gifts!! How neat to see what rodeo and riding is like in the Bush!!

And how very sad, to have lost a child. I will go over to her blog!!

Esther Garvi said...

I agree 100%: those shots needed no editing. The natural canvases are the best!

Thank you for sharing Jordan's family's story. My heart goes out to them!

Carol said...

Beautiful skies! Gorgeous color!

GreyWolf said...

what lovely sunset photos. And that hat was made for you, You look great in it. Also thanks for sharing Jordan's story, I am off to the website now.

Carla said...

I can't imagine what Cottage Dreams is going through---she has a son survive military time in very dangerous areas, only to have him killed here at home. Thanks for sharing her story.

Beautiful pictures!

Anything really unusual in the Australian Horseman besides words they use that we don't?

I hope you are well this week and just working on your PT. I always worry when someone hasn't posted in a while.

Melanie said...

I just checked that site out, and you are right...it is an amzing tribute. Whenever I hear about things like that, I always hold my kidlets a little closer, and hug them a little tighter. :)

I love that picture of you in your new, pink, hat!!! You are positively radiating, and are surrounded by cool gifts from great bloggers.

PS-I was just joking about throwing myself off of the porch...you know that, right???

Melanie said...

Gosh I hate typos!!!! I meant to say "amazing," not "amzing!!!"

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Thank you, sweetheart, for sharing about our Jordan on your blog. You are so very kind and I am sending a hug to you (((((hug))))).

LOVE the sunset!!! Just gorgeous!!!

xo
Becky

colleen said...

I am continually in awe of the pictures you post of the sunsets in NM...you truly live in one of the most beautiful places on earth...lucky girl.

Michelle said...

Hi there,

Don't know why it took me so long to visit, seeing as we visit some of the same blogs and some of the same bloggers visit our blogs so I've seen your sig link lots of times. Turns out we have lots of things in common, like homeschooling, horses, sheep, chickens, etc. Oh, and I used to live outside Hereford, TX and we have relatives in Albuquerque, so I've visited your neck of the woods quite a few times. Now that I've visited, I'm "following"!

DesertHen said...

What beautiful sunset photos! The colors are so rich and vivid. We often get sunsets like that here, but mostly in the summer and fall.

Lovely goodies you got there...=)

So very sad about the son of Sweet Cottage Dreams. They are in my heart and prayers!

Lovely weekend to you my friend.

ezra_pandora said...

Hey!! I almost thought I had the wrong blog with clickin and not seeing you, your b-utiful family and furry friends!!

d2cmom said...

Thanks for the reference to Cottage Dreams. I wish I could honor all our military families in some way. Don't you?

The Wades said...

Your new camera turned out to be a great one.