Thank you to everyone that left me such kind and supportive comments. I really appreciate it. I'm feeling better now, and it all started with this:
How can anyone be unhappy when watching animals having fun. Pepper is such a goofy goat.
Then I sat down on an old picnic table in the Wooly's paddock and was immediately greeted by goats. Mud Pie thought my hat might make a wonderful snack.
I was laughing so hard I was almost crying. Goats seem to know the best way to make someone happy.
And they are just so cute!
Latte, my mini mancha doe spent some time with me, too. She is such a sweet little goatie.
Luna, my sweet Angora goat doe is such a beautiful girl and I enjoy watching her just relaxing.
Watching my two beautiful sheep always makes me smile. Blanca, the Churro ewe, and Svetlana, the Karakul ewe are both looking forward to being sheared. They are very close and where one goes, the other is always right there beside.
Nevermind the video and feelings of dizziness, I finally used the video function feature on my camera, so I wasn't sure what I was doing. But this is how I spent my Saturday. The other voice you hear is my son Jax's.
And then, after Baby Doll's farrier was done trimming her feet, I took my folding chair over to Baby Doll's paddock. We were both enjoying the sunshine and each other's company, but I was surprised when my mare walked up behind my chair, stood with her head over my shoulder and rested there for a while.
She was just so loving and gentle. She just just stood there with her cheek next to mine. Sometimes she would lightly lean in to me, or very softly rub her face or chin on me. She let me scratch and stroke her ears, her chin, her jaw, and her lips, too.
I was almost afraid to breathe or move when my mare was relaxing beside me. I didn't want anything to disrupt our special moments together.
It was a great day for some goat, llama, sheep and horse love. There is nothing like a day spent with your critters to bring a smile to your face.
I also went on an impromptu New Mexico road trip on Sunday, but I'll talk about that in another day or two.
So what did you do all weekend?
From the Tower of,

26 comments :
Lisa, you write such an honest account "keeping it real" on your life that's why you have so many followers. We all have ebbs and flows but not all of us can write as well as you and have such an interesting cast of characters around us. I knew BabyDoll would come around.
I just love reading your posts Lisa. They make me smile, laugh and even cry! I love your goat running and kicking. I love watching mine play, especially when they get going headbutting each other!
The pictures of you and Baby Doll just says it all! This is when I tear up!
I am so happy you got to get out and enjoy all your special animals!
I knew that smile was just under the surface! So glad to see you smiling and enjoying your day. Lately, they have been few and far between. Remember how far you have come!
Good day to you!
What a great post - glad your smile is back girl. Moon Pie and Mudd Pie are now older brothers - their mom gave birth to triplets again yesterday (2 does, 1 buck). I put them up on the blog this morning if you want to see the little ones. The boys 1/2 sister and full sister are also due this week so they are about to become "uncles" as well!!!!
Hugs and your smile makes me smile!!!
Deanna
Oh, Lisa!!! Great video of the goat! We used to have goats a long time ago and they were so funny when they would run and jump. They really jump when you tickle their tails; running and jumping like your goat did.
Beautiful pictures of you and your Baby Doll. I love them; made me smile too.
Jane
What a lovely day for you and your animals! That was probably the best therapy you could have had. Baby Doll looks so contented hugging close to you, that I'm sure her earlier behavior was just being unsure of what had happened to you.
Love seeing the goats and sheepies up close!
Nancy in Atlanta
Lisa~I'm glad your feeling better again...don't let that small stuff get you down...but I know it's sure been a rough road for you.
Remember we're all here and support you 110%. Keep visitin' your beautiful critters...they're there for you too!
Blessings~~
Smile and someone smiles with you...in your case a whole lot of animals...they enjoyed it as much as you did..
oh Lisa...she was giving you snuggles and lovies. and those goats...nothing like a big wet sloppy kiss ^..^
have a most wonderful day.
Truly, there is nothing like sharing a little cuddle with our animals. They are balm for the soul, no doubt.
Oh That is just too awesome!
I can't wait for more sunshine and dryness around here so we can ride and hand graze outside and just chill out.
I love to put her on a long lead, get a chair, , water and sunscreen and just be out there with her while she grazes for the afternoon.
I just love that you fond your smile again!
Sounds like you had a lovely Saturday. I'm glad you found your smile! =) Your critters are so cute!
I spent Saturday doing a little spring cleaning and Sunday, I plopped myself on the couch and watched tv...I was home alone and had the tv to myself....a very rare thing to happen in my life!
((((HUGS))))
I have missed so much!! I was gone all weekend. We had a rodeo in Houston and then the kids rode in a rodeo on Sunday, and Friday my hubby and I went out. It was really a super busy weekend.
I am so glad you are feeling better!! The gloomy days have a way of making us all feel a bit down in the dumps. I am glad the sun came out for you and you were able to spend some time with your animals. It was neat to hear your voice. I LOVE how goats play and run. It's like their legs and head all go in 10 different directions! LOL!!
You and baby doll look so cute. I hope you didn't get sun burnt!
Hurray - laughter is the best medicine and what purer form could there be than the happiness and laughter provided by the innocence and unconditional love of animals. I am so happy you had such a wonderful day.
Great photos! Love the video of Pepper jumping around!
LOOK AT YOU !!!
Smiles and good times. Goofy Goats and a Hugable Horse!!!
I think it's time to drop the Rupunzle and go back to being just Lisa.
Great post Lisa! I can tell you love your animals by the way you talk to them, talk about them, and interact with them. I love the goat with the blue eyes! She is beautiful!
Oh my gosh!!! That first video of the goat is hilarious - silly goat!!! And your lovey dovey Baby Doll schmoozing up to you - she loves her mama. Leave it to the animals to make a person smile again. They keep us grounded as to what's really important in life, don't they?
How's that sunburn?? Man, that looks painful.
So great to see your smile back...love the baby doll pictures!
Hi Lisa! I haven't been in the blogging world lately, so I have missed so much. Sorry to hear you have hit a wall :(
I absolutely love the video Beth made for you and I almost cried, sometimes I am too tough and hardly ever cry.
I love how Baby Doll came up beside you and you were cheak to cheak with her, beautiful.
Take care my friend and continue with your progress, I'm sure even though you don't see any you are progressing
xoxoxo
Wow, those eyes on the goats are wild!!
AWWWWWWWW How wonderful of baby doll to be so loving...she truely accepts you as part of her herd! I'm glad your feeling up now! I also cant wait to see more pictures of your trip!
I really loved this post!!!!
I was rolling at that first video!! LOL!!!! That goat is hilarious and it's hopping. And aww for the pics of you and your spotted girl. Nothing like some loving from your favorite :) I used to just sit in front of my girl's stall, the summer before she was trained, with the hay door open, me reading, and she'd be breathing all over my ears and head and sniffing and snorting at me. It was so nice. ~sigh~
LMAO at the video of the hopping goat! I miss watching that- they are soooooooooooooo entertaining! OMG I am so jealous of your camera, what is it again? I know you've said it before. I'm soooo stupid, I got on embay and immdediatley bid on a camera I know nothing about and won the damn thing and so far I hate it! LOL
I need to catch up on your life- sounds like you've been down in the dumps a bit:-(
Okay my dearie...Y0U found my instant "misting in the eyes" button....>>> ANY PHOTO WITH YOU AND YOUR MARE over your shoulder OR of you hugging her!
I went from cracking up and smiling so hard with the goat faces and your funny first video..mostly of your fingers and hands with goat lips...to out and out crying for joy...seeing your misty eyes as well with the nice surprize of Baby Doll suddenly there, and giving you the sweetest mare hug I have seen!
OH YOU!
KAC
I think those goats love their mama! (and vice versa.)
Post a Comment