I spent my entire Sunday with my dear friend, Val of Fantastyk Voyage, along with her Mom and her Sister-in-Law traveling together on a road trip/letterboxing adventure in the West Central area of New Mexico.
We stopped in little towns like Magdalena, Datil, Pie Town, and Quemado. And we traveled a full loop from our homes here in the Central Mountains, through West Central New Mexico, over the Continental Divide (twice!), along the Sawtooth Mountains, onto Interstate 40, through Albuquerque, up into the Sandia Mountains and then back home again.
Val drove over 300 miles through gorgeous New Mexico landscapes filled with mountains, mesas, prairies, cliffs, red rock, and bright blue skies. We never once encountered a boring view. And I hope you don't mind if I share it with you tomorrow?
For now here is a little peek just to whet your appetite.
La Ventana Arch in the El Malpais National Forest.
(I took this picture at dusk so it's not very bright)
Pronghorn Antelope at the Very Large Array on the Plains of San Augustin.
Catlinite says, "Join us tomorrow to travel along on our West Central New Mexico Road Trip, filled with wildlife, cowboys, cows, delicious food, and gorgeous New Mexico vistas"
Love and Goatie Hugs to you all!
From the Tower of,

23 comments :
I have been catching up on your older blogs, the poop one had me in stitches!
Is letterboxing only in the US? I had heard about it, and even saw 2 of them, but I don't understand what to do with them. You sound like you are feeling better. Just remember, one day at a time, and tomorrow is always a new day. Look how far you have come from 3 months ago!: ) Miss you. Debi
Wasn't it a fantastyk day? We saw and did so much!! I love your pictures! Can't wait for the rest!
We drove for 13 hours although the car says we only drove for 7 1/2 hours, lol! We logged 378 miles and had an average speed of 49 mph.
I AM tired! I finally went to bed closer to midnight than I'd have liked. I was up at 4:30 to study for my Algebra test this morning.
I can't wait to see the photos from your trip, love the ones you posted today!
WHAT? We were just on that same road a couple weeks ago! Say the big sattelite dishes. We tried to tell the kids it's how they communicate with the "aliens" lol My mom was born in Magdelena. What a small world. I just wanted to stop by and thank you for your kind words. It is amazing to me the kindness of all my blog friends. I am so thankful for all of you. ((Hugs))
Great pictures Lisa! I'm looking forward to seeing more. I too went on a trip delivering a horse to Texas through NM but on our way home we went down through central NM and popped out in AZ (this was a couple years back). It was such a gorgeous drive! I love it there.
~Joan
I am in love with your goats! Can't wait for the pic's.
Sounds like a wonderful time. Looking forward to seeing the pix!
WV = olina
As in Doc O Lina
Sounds wonderful! Glad you got out for a little time with some friends!
Looking forward to the pics...
a good morning lisa...
the letterboxing trip sounds like fun...so looking forward to all your pics and post.
have a wonderful tueday my friend.
until later.
many hugs from virignia to YOU
Beautiful scenery!
I cannot wait to see your adventure via camara - I love the places you showed - makes me want to go there!!!
I LOVE the pics of your son with the boys - made me smile1
Deanna
Finally a road trip that isn't to the doctor's office!
You have a very good friend in Val!
WOW!!! Lisa, what a fun trip that must have been! Loved the photos so far can't wait to see more.
Baby Doll's picture is funny, I love getting pictures of my boys when they yawn or have their tongues out!
My silly goats broke out the other day! Sounds like fun, your letterboxing trips!
Congratulations on getting out and doing some of the things you love to do.
I love the new look of the blog too!
Now that sounds like a fun road trip!! Can't wait to see your pictures.
How about delicious cowboys and cows? Can't they be delicious?
I'm SO jealous. Of your voyage AND your "not very bright" picture that looks better than my best pictures!! Can't wait to see the best now that you gave us a taste! And you lucky bum on the open mouth picture. Eh, maybe not so pretty, but cool!!! lol Are we supposed to brush their teeth somehow like we are supposed to with dogs??
Great Pics! Can't wait to see the rest and hear more about the trip. It sounded like a wonderful time.
(((HUGS))
You have such adventures doing that letter boxing thing!
I am glad you got out some.
Hayya sweet!
Thanks for the Mail today...you know me too well with the comments!
I'm caught!
So glad to hear of ths "Good kinda tired"!
I will be lookingforward to the nitty gritties of the events as well!
XO
KAC
I love that side of that state. We've been to a lot of rodeo's in Socorro and TorC and Reserve and it just seems so remote and reminds you of a different time.
Goat hugs--so precious!
I just love gorgeous photos.
Post a Comment