Llamas are Camelids, as are Alpacas, Vicunas and Camels. In our area, I’ve seen many alpacas and llamas, and even a few camels. I always stop to say ‘hello’ and enjoy their elegant bodies and often humorous expressions.
Here are a few recent pictures of some llamas that live fairly close to my home.
“Whatchu looking at, bub?”
“Hey Baby, how ya doing? Lay a little lovin’ on me, sweet thang.”
“Back off Sugarlips, we’re being spied on by one of those crazy two-leggeds always pointing little black boxes at us”
“Too bad our vile spit doesn’t shoot that far. What’s it take to get a little privacy around here……hummmmm?”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Oh darn. Who is that? Some more of them paparazzi people spying on me again? I know I’m beautiful, but…this is crazy”
“I’m starting to feel like Nuzzling Muzzles with these nosy people driving by, not giving a camel’s hump about respecting my privacy, my right to peace and quiet and my personal space. Shooeee, maybe it’s time to construct an 8 foot wall around my humble casa to keep these camera wielding blog maniacs away.”
From the Tower of,
29 comments :
Enjoyed looking at the pictures. I like seeing the New Mexico country and homes...beautiful.
I sure wish I could find a place around here that has llamas. They are just so darn cute.
too funny...they are such sweeties.
i may be doing a photo shoot (for hire) of my friend's alpacas. i forwarded them some of the pics i took and even made up a little poster too :)
hoping you are doing better? good thoughts and many hugs ((()))
I didn't even know they were around! They're so cute!!
Poor Catlinite and Cataleya! They look so skinny!!! lol. I'm sorry I missed the shearing.
call me, would you?
I don't think I know anyone around here that has llamas or alpacas. So it's so nice to see them when you post pictures. They did look like they thought you were interrupting a little special something. lol!
cute photos...love the comments..I think my animals actually roll their eyes when they see me coming with a camera...
They are strange looking. I'm intimidated by them. Are they like horses - do they lay back their ears when they're mad?
~lytha
Lisa-
OMG....you totally changed your blog!!! I like it! :) I really need more time to come back over here and play catch-up, but I wanted to at least stop in and say "hi!" Did ya' miss me??? LOL!!!
Wow..pretty.
These two look HUGE compared to the sheared C and C of your domain now!
Xo
Kac
Llamas are so cool. Do they come in every colour??
I am hoping this works, I've been by a few times and left LONG (grrrr) comments and lost them!
Do you like alpacas? I used to drive by a farm with them all the time and just fell in love with their darling little faces! They are SOOO cute! But I dont know much about them as pets or if they have as much peronsonality as their expressive faces make me think they might.
Yesterday I helped our llama club shear about a dozen llamas. There was some kicking, spitting, and ear twisting. I think I've had enough of llamas for a little while, at least until our big show on Sunday!
Good pictures, Lisa, love the commentary!!!
~Jane and Gilly~
LOL. As I was reading each caption, I sensed that it was getting closer and closer to sounding like my blog. Thanks for the laugh.
I felt guilty taking a picture of the guy painting the house, because I was totally invading his privacy, but I had to prove to my readers that all this construction is not my imagination. Plus he was wearing a raincoat, which kept his identity a secret. Those poor llamas though! You are taking pictures of them in their birthday suits!
That darker Llama cracks me up - good captions!
Must be a day for talking animals! My two geldings did a post as well...good to see your sense of humor is back! Take care! Luanne
Very cute pictures. They look like they would be wonderful to wrap your arms around and hug all that fluffiness!
I do love llamas! Nice shots. I'd love to have a spotted llama. As it turns out, we ended up with a black one (whose mother was spotted), then a dark, reddish brown male. (Sort of a rescue).
Anyway, I enjoyed seeing your llama pics.
Great pictures. They are all so cute. You certainly live in an interesting area, we've only seen cows,donkeys and horses around by us.
Very nice pictures. If we had more space, I would love to have some myself, plus some miniature horses and donkeys.
Thanks for sharing.
Dan
Thanks for making me laugh, again! Love the llama commentary!
Okay....I had some time to come back and take a peek, and the first thing I noticed was that your avatar says "not again," and that it was missing BD. And of course, being me, I had to scroll down and see what the heck happened. :)
I am so sorry that you appear to have had a major setback (both with your knee and with BD). It sounds like you are getting all of the potentially bad things that can happen with horses out of the way all at once. Not fun!
I am hoping that things have improved for you both, and whatever you decide to do-either sell her or stick with her-just know that that I will support your decision 100%. (And if I didn't, I would let you know...you know me...lol!!!)
Have a great evening! :)
I love this...I always talk for my animals too!
We always talk for animals too. We find a lot of humor in it for some reason! I love your Camelid Capers!
It reminds me of a post I would do!
OK now I have to go Google 'vicuna' and find out what THAT is! lol
Do llamas have 'names' for their colours? (like we have chestnut, sorrel, etc for horses)
These fellas are charming. They seem to have an "aire" about them, kinda snooty. :):) But, beautiful all the same.
You are too funny!! LOL!! Llamas are so funny to look at. With those faces and those big bodies with little legs. I love em!!
Oh My Gosh you just crack me up! And...I learned something new today....I never heard of camelid before. So...here's a good name for a camelid...Camelot...Camelot the Camelid.
What characters! What commentary! Loved it. :)
Post a Comment