Just a photo I took of some sky-inspired equine art in Corrales, NM, a couple weeks ago.
To see more views of skies from around the world, check out Sky Watch Friday
From the Tower of,
Just a photo I took of some sky-inspired equine art in Corrales, NM, a couple weeks ago.
To see more views of skies from around the world, check out Sky Watch Friday
38 comments :
Really nice picture...I love it. Have a great weekend. Hope you are feeling better!!
Beautiful piture! Love the colors! Have a nice weekend.
Beautiful shot! Love all of the vibrant blue.
Awesome! And so unusual.
Love the Nickelback, too!
How unique, great shots!
Have a great weekend
Guy
Regina In Pictures
oh lisa...these are fab...love them. remind me of some wooden sculptural pieces i used to collect when we used to travel in mexico. their elongated legs and the painted scenery on them fab!!!!
AND the blue sky sets them off perfectfully!
have a wonderful weekend...hugs, e
Great skywatch photos and wife wife wants me to tell you she loves the painted ponies.
That's different.
Sydney - City and Suburbs
These are really gorgeous shots! The blue horses against that blue sky reinforce the blue color! So full of energy and fun!
Thanks for stopping by! Would love to see photos when all hundreds air balloon fill the sky!
Their legs look like a giraffe's!
WV = comatom
What Eve said to her mate as he lagged behind
How fun! I love those knobby knees and crazy manes!
Great shots, really unique art!
Those are cool! So bright and happy.
Love it! Like I have said many times before, I wish we had cool stuff like that around here!
Just because I think this one is hilarious, word verification- twook. What is a twook? I am sure we could come up with some really funny twooks!
Unique! I love the vibrant colors on the horses. Nice photo.
Great blues. Interesting sculptures.
Photographer extraordinare! :)
Those are the coolest! What a brilliant and unique skywatch! Mine was a bit less blue and cheerful, lol!
What incredible works of Art!!!
Beautiful.
Thanks for visiting.
Have a nice weekend.
Mary Elizabeth @ Now and Then
I really enjoyed these lovely ponies. Thanks for sharing. :)
Made me laugh. Ooops sorry. I love your pictures.
WOW! I love those! I am really into funky unusual art so those are right up my alley! I'd have them in my front yard if I could! I hope you don't mind if I copied them for my own perusal in my personal pic file--I won't use them to make $$$, I promise!! HA HA! Hope you are feeling a bit more cheery and clearer as to what to do with horsie girl! I had a huge issue same as you after I fell off and broke my shoulder and have fallen off 5 more times...but each time I know what went wrong and what I need to do as a rider to fix it. I have the best and most forward eager horse in the world who still has learning to do, and I knew that when I bought him. Currently, I have TONS of support and two very experienced riders helping me with him and without them on board I would have sold him by now. If you decide you need a quiter "SOUND" horse you aren't thinking anything that I didn't go through as well. I almost did the same thing. I'm glad I didn't, but again, what is right for you and where you are in your life is of utmost importance. I just wanted to let you know the depression, dread and hopelessness that you may be feeling right now I have been through too. Regardless, it is a hard decision. AND yes, I did advertise...and got TONS of replies, never answered a one..HMMMM. I remember (before I moved Jacks to my friend's house, and if she hadn't offered to have me bring him out to her ranch I would no longer OWN my horse, I guarantee...) DREADING going to the barn and making every excuse not to drive out there; until the guilt got too much and I would make the dreaded trek. NOW--I break speed limits in my excitement to get out to where he is and he has actually started to come to me from way out in the field. Before he would ignore me. I am finally his pack leader. Most of the time anyway. I still get scared, but I have overcome MAJOR fears AND I still ride. JUST DON'T GIVE UP RIDING LISA, whatever you decide. It simply brings too much joy. Sorry to ramble, I know everone is putting their two cents in, but I have been at the bottom as you sound like you are...and I totally UNDERSTAND....Let me know if you need anything at all, I'll send my email address...
Awesome! The blue of the sculptures matches the sky perfectly.
Wow! That is so neat! Gosh I wish I had a fraction of the energy required to create that...
Those are very cool. I love the bright colours. Very Southwest. :o)
Those are great!! Love the colors. Have a great weekend and take care!
Interesting art, and impressively photographed with the blue horses against the blue sky.
Of course I would especially love shots of horses. Very nice!
OH!! What awesome shots of horses artfully reaching for the skys they resemble!
Love it girl!
Kac
We pass that sculpture often and it always gives us a smile. The same artist had an earlier one where a stylized bucking horse is being ridden by a rabbit. It was great.
Dan
Funny sky-horse sculpture! Another blogger was just noting that this particular shade of blue seems to be the favorite color of NM, from her recent visit there. You guys have great sky there for sure!
I love the Southwestern art found in your state. It truly is the land of enchantment and ....I might add....enchanting people!
ooooo those blue ponies are sooooo cool!!!!
It's almost like I can reach out and touch that second picture!! So cool!! that sculpture is so cool!! I would love that in my yard!! Maybe not the front, but definitly in the back!! With a garden around it!! I can see it all now......
I LOVE these sculptures, #1 because they are horses, #2 because they are just gorgeous! And it's amazing how striking that shade of blue on the horses looks against the blue sky. Great pics for SkyWatch! :)
The first one looks like the Barbie version of horses. Call me peculiar, I prefer the real thing.
Nice shots though.
Thank you so much, Lisa, for your beautiful photos of New Mexico. It's one of my top handful of favorite states and visiting your blog brings home just how much I miss it. I've tried to comment on other posts but blogger is saying "no"...not sure what's wrong...?
The horse sculptures are beautiful and bring smiles and grins to my face. What absolute talent!
Post a Comment