Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Stills~Yellow

This week’s Sunday Stills Challenge is to find and photograph things that are yellow.

When first considering this challenge, I drew a blank. I just knew we didn’t have a lot of yellow around here and I didn’t remember seeing any yellow while out and about.……or so I thought.

(New Mexico 54, from behind the steering wheel, driving south towards Carrizozo, NM.)

IMG_4802

(The camp, in Capitan, NM where I recently dropped off my twinlings, for a week of fun.)

IMG_4623

(The sign in Capitan, NM that the locals were trying, in vain, to read. They were concerned that beef was on the menu)

IMG_4813 

(A little shop in Carrizozo, NM)

IMG_4643

(Horses, in Capitan, NM eating submarine sandwiches)

IMG_4642 

(The pretty pansies in downtown Albuquerque, photographed while I watched Gin Blossoms in concert Saturday night)

IMG_5190

Thank you for the challenge, Ed. Who knew there were so many bright, interesting and cheerful yellow things all around?

IMG_5191




From the Tower of,

43 comments :

Anonymous said...

well you seem to find more yellow as you went along :-) A lovely and interesting range of 'yellow' images. I enjoyed them!

Paint Girl said...

And you thought you wouldn't be able to find any yellow! You found alot of yellow!
Love the Happy Burro place! Cute name! Oh, gotta love the horse eating that sub sandwich too!

Ed said...

Nice selections, I ended up throwing away alot of pics for this week. It seemed when you don't look for something the more of it you find..:-)

SighMan said...

A wonderful selection :-) Love the expression on that sandwich-eating horse!

Wildblack said...

Great shots Lisa! I just love the shot of the road, its my kinda shot! Even its a thin line in the centre, the yellow stands out and catches all the attention!!!
Its a beautiful place too :D
~ Nivin

Lori Skoog said...

Lisa.... WOW! I too, love the Laughing Burro. Also, your post below...what a fabulous book!

Gail said...

Sometimes we just don't see the yellow! You did a bang up job finding it! Good job and good photos.

CTG Ponies said...

Great photos! I love the cows looking at the sign.

WhimsybyMari said...

I too had yellow on the brain, love the locals reading the sign. Great job.

~ Sara ~ said...

Great as always! Love the Pansy's... our between down pours and straight line winds are a mess.

Michele said...

You have some amazing yellows going going on, and what really intrigues me is the road!! I live in such a mountainous area and to see such a immense area of flat land is incredible! That is quite spectacular!!!

Hugs♥

Jessica said...

These are all great! The road shot was a great one to start with...I really like it! I love the cows looking at the sign, too. No fair that you got to go to The Gin Blossoms...I absoutely LOVE them!

The Wife said...

Great pics. I especially like the longhorns "readin'" the sign! Too funny!! And great minds do think alike! Nice job on the highway by way of the steering wheel.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

You really got some unique and awesome shots. I love them all. The longhorns at the sign and the pansies are my favorites.
I noticed that you even have yellow burros in the 'burro serenade' post. Carrizozoans must love yellow.

Thanks for going with me last night. It was great, wasn't it?
LOL- "Still I follow you" is playing right now.

Anonymous said...

i like the use of lines in the first two lisa :)

p.s wow @ your pansies flowers, i recently bought some for my garden, mine are purple

Carroll Baker said...

Wow! I love the road shot! and all of the signs!

Andrea Baker said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos!!!! I loved looking at all of them. The Happy Burrito was funny!

The Good Life in Virginia said...

so many great captures ms. lisa...the horse chomping on the sub is cute and of course i so like the road shot.
have a wonderful sunday.
many hugs

Anonymous said...

Great job, Lisa! I love all the photos - especially the pansies, my favorite flower. I think those beefies trying to read the sign are the same ones that put up the "Eat Mor Chiken" signs around here.

Nancy in Atlanta

Anonymous said...

Wow!! These were all wonderful choices. I loved them ALL. The pansies are spectacular.

Jen Mo said...

Love the Happy Burro! Great job!

Chelsi said...

I LOVE that bull trying to read the sign...he looks like he is deeeeep in thought! All of the pics are great...including the burro (right up your alley!)

flowerweaver said...

I love New Mexico, it's always filled with vibrant colors just like Mexico. You did a great job on all the photos, thanks for sharing!

J9 said...

The Happy Burro is such a beautiful sunny shade of yellow!

Pony Girl said...

Great pics! Loved the longhorns reading the sign! I hope you had a great Sunday, thanks for always brightening mine!!

Gone2theDawgs said...

I swear I may have to get involved with the Sunday Stills challenge! It definitely makes you stop and appreciate things for the simplicity of just looking for something "yellow"! I found the El Paisano sign funny....a "unique" southwest experience....Mexican food?? HA!or is it that they have RV parking there? :P I LOVE the Happy Burro building!!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Beautiful shots. Beautiful scenery.

Regular Guy said...

The Happy Burro is great, lol. I really like your road shot though. Great job of capturing it going off to nowhere.

Strawberry Lane said...

Terrific highway shot! You are surrounded by yellow ... and all great shots!

Dan and Betty said...

Very nice. Carrizozo is an interesting place.

Dan

VioletSky said...

Those signs are great - - shows some humour in NM (intended or not!). But I think I like the first one best - gives a true view of the road ahead.

Kelly said...

The first photo is just breathtaking!

Country Girl said...

Nicely done. The first phoo was creative! Question, how did you change to such a cool font??
Thanks, Kim

Andrea said...

I love the yellow line picture!! Awesome shots, very creative!!

Anonymous said...

No yellow, huh? You did a great job - those yellow pansies are beautiful! Great job.

Anonymous said...

great variety! The Happy Burro. LOL

Far Side of Fifty said...

Lisa, Loved your shot of the highway..but those Longhorns and that sign..that was the one that made me laugh out loud.. excellent! :)

Celeste said...

Wow those pansies knock your eyes out they are so spectacular! Great set of photos.

Andrea said...

Amazing shots! Love the glimpses into your world! :)

The Wades said...

Fun, bright post.

Girl Tornado said...

GREAT pics, all of them, but I esp like the first one. It just begs me to jump in my car and hit the road, so appealing!!

Melanie said...

And you didn't think there was any yellow....lol!!! I know that feeling though. :)

jane augenstein said...

Wow, how did I miss this one??? Love the yellow pictures, the horse with the sandwich is my favorite! LOL
~Jane