Not all that great as I was having problems focusing being that close to the little creature. She kept looking at me. haha!
Check out Macro Mondays to see more macro photography.
From the Tower of,
Not all that great as I was having problems focusing being that close to the little creature. She kept looking at me. haha!
Check out Macro Mondays to see more macro photography.
28 comments :
hah...checking you out?
a most awesome capture of batty.
hope all is well in your world.
many hugs!
Oh how cute! I just love the little batties! We found some last winter hibernating behind some rock that had fallen down. We just relocated them to a different crack and they climbed right in.
I dont really like bats very much! but he looks neat! :) Great shot btw! :D You are doing a great job with your canon powershot! No doubt at all! :D
That's a lot of fur! They really are flying rodents.
Oh I just love bats...as long as they don't get too close to me, that is!!!!
PS-And just look at all of those peaches!!!! Are you going to send some of that jam my way???? LOL!!!
And how weird is it that you guys are getting our weather and we are getting yours?
Very coool picture!!
Awwww how cute! Years ago I didn't like bats but we had some living in our house....yes, you heard right! They were in a louvered vent on the back of the house and it had screening behind it, somehow they got through the screen. Every evening we had several to let out of the house. They flew from upstairs to the downstairs living room, I would open the glass door and out they would go!
I even took care to two orphaned bats; fed them meal worms and some other bug stew! LOL
This was only one summer when we got a new roof put on, we had the louver taken out and a new bat proof one installed. No more bats, it was fine when they were on the outside of the house....I do kind of miss them in a strange way. They are good bug catchers though. I think most of them moved to the barn and out buildings.
~Jane
Bats are cool! we watch them fly around at dusk here, ours are grey and a bit smaller. We have had them get in our old house twice, it was a mobile home, have no idea how they got in. We were able to turn them loose.
Excellent picture, not my favorite animal but they do eat lots of insects.
Very cool! bats in your bellfry?...:-)
Great photo. I like bats -- they eat tons of insects, especially mosquitoes.
Dan
I don't think I would have hung around to get a picture...very cool!
I don't know why...but I have always thought bats were sooooo cute!!!
I hope she's alive, you said she was looking at ya.
Thanks so much for the goat insight. Wish you would blog about your time at the Nigerian Club, wish we had one 'round here.
Now defunct, but are you familiar with McScurry Farms from Texas? Our Clara was bred at McScurry and you picked out Deets and CoCo which Clara is the their dam. We've tried to invest in some good lines.
Clara is also the dam to TootleLu and we trimmed on her some tonight so I can post some pics in the future.
Thank you, I did the tails. The young goats squirm so much it's difficult to get them trimmed up. They holler like we're cutting their heads off.
Neat bat pics. Going batty? I love bats. They get a bad rap. They're great bug eaters!
What a good picture! That is a cute little guy.
You did great! I always knew you were a tad batty..now you have shown me proof! Interesting creatures bats..I like them way better than say skunks or SSSSnakes. :)
So cute! And great insect control too, this little critter will take over the night shift when your swallows go to sleep :)
Will I loose my "cowgirl" status if I admit that I squeeled over this pic? lol YEEEEEE!!!
I definitely wouldn't have been able to stand there and take that picture LOL!! Almost anything else but not that!! So kuddo's to you!!
Great shot of the bat. I know it's hard to believe but I once found a bat in my toilet bowl in the morning. Guess it must have flown in when I let the dogs in one night. Quite a surprise first thing in the morning!
Great pic! They are fascinating little critters. I'm always amazed at how little they are.
I love bats. We have a few - must be two kinds as one is really big and the rest are really small. Great catch!
Ok honestly, when I read what your wrote... I thought "omg it was alive!!" lol
Actually he/she is really cute!! Pretty fur.:) Great shot.
You're braver than me...they're really creepy I think!! Nice shot though!
OH!!! ooou...jsut last night asd I summoned my Elsie cat to sleep at my side...she looked over my shoulder and stretched her neck out to see----What?? I totally yelled for Bruce to come and see...I totally froze...It reminded me of when a bat flew onto my bed when I was young!
Post a Comment