Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sky Watch Friday ~ ET Fly Home

 

I just never know what I’m going to see flying over my house some days.

IMG_9530

Check out what others from around the world see, when they look up at their own skies, over at Sky Watch Friday




From the Tower of,

20 comments :

Coloradolady said...

What is amazing...is that you were able to capture this photo....really good.

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

Looks like an Osprey (of the metallic kind). Great shot. - Margy

cdncowgirl said...

Our city is having its final air show this weekend. Apparently too many people, in an area of town that has money, are complaining about the noise.
What a crappy way to act, poor show of support for the veterans.
(its called the Canada Remembers Air Show and raises money for the veterans)

clairz said...

Well, we ARE in New Mexico... such an enchanted place!

Anonymous said...

You definitely have your eye to the sky. It must have been low to catch the ET. Good capture!

Anonymous said...

We see one of those too, sometimes. I think it's the one that can do vertical take-off/landings - I've seen it rotate its engines into the vertical position and hover - pretty weird!

lisa said...

Hmmmmm. Very interesting!

VioletSky said...

Yup, that's bigger than a bird.

But, what a gorgeous shade of blue sky to be flying in.

Carla said...

Ha, I wonder what the ET stands for?
A Google search is in order.

colleen said...

Amazing! We have had alot of training manuvers around here lately but we can't see the planes very well because of the mountains and trees...how lucky for you to be able to see all that stuff...

texasnascarcowgirl said...

That is a great shot. I love pictures of military planes.

ezra_pandora said...

I love that, ET fly home! lol There were two fighter jets that flew over our house yesterday. My son was in awe. I think they were flying up to Michigan International Speedway for the race this weekend but I'm not sure. It's always neat to see things fly overhead. Great picture!!

jane augenstein said...

Great shot, Lisa! What a strange looking plane, wonder what it is??? The only thing I have fling over here are Blue Heron's and horse flies! LOL
~Jane

Jane Hards Photography said...

Not your usual sight. Excellent catch.

Melanie said...

LOL!!! Do you live near an Air Force base, or are you just in their flight zone?? I am just asking, because I remember that picture of that airplane being escorted across the sky...too cool!!!

PS-We missed the meteor showers, because it has been raining here for the last four days. :(

Celeste said...

ET flew over your house! How cool is that? We have our annual air and water show this weekend here in Chicago but I don't know if ET will be there :)

Gail said...

Framable art!

Ed said...

OV-22 Osprey, its a transport used by the airforce and marines. Very cool!!!!! it can take off vertically like a helicopter and fly like a plane.

cdncowgirl said...

No 'final air show' this weekend after all, it got rained out! :(

Tone said...

Cool, and very nice skywatch