I’m sorry I’ve been missing for a few weeks over at Macro Monday. I’ve just been busy and not so motivated to get a closer look at things. But I’m back again and just wanted to say that I missed everyone.
These are all flora and fauna I discovered while getting a close-up view during a walk in my pasture yesterday.
(All photos were taken with my little Canon PowerShot SX 110 IS)
I hope everyone has a terrific week!
34 comments :
looks greener
wonderful close ups!
very nice macros lisa, glad you're getting back into it
WOW! Good to have ya back for MM, are the last two pics of starfruit, it looks like it..:-)
I love the first one! I like the way wood can grow and when it dies the look it can develop. Hope you also had a good weekend.
So great to see you again. Wonderful shots. I love the last one, great dof.
Beautiful - thanks!
Really nice macros. I'd love to take a walk in your pasture. :)
All beautiful shots, and your header fits right in. The weather looks much better.
Great shots! Do you know what that last plant is called?
Oh, Lisa, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the first picture of the dead wood!!! All those beautiful swirls in it, I love drift wood type things or unusual dead trees, limbs and such...yes, I know, I'm nuts! LOL
Gilly and I went to a clinic last weekend....be watching for the post coming soon! :-D
XO
Jane and Gil
Cool photos! What are the last two of? That is a really interesting plant. Glad you're back! I've missed your amazing photos!
Wow those are so really neat shots!
I love the last one, it looks like something out of a nature magazine. I wonder what the ants are up to in the one above it?
I love those close ups!
Great shots. LOVE your header photo.
Great pictures Lisa and love the close ups. Love that piece of wood.
Hi! Your header is perfectly wonderful for dreamily thinking of the warmer days to come!
GREAT~
I have a fondness for the little purple flower shot(though all are great) I love the blackened backdrops!
Nice work Liss!
Kac
Love the photos ! they are great , and the header shot ! wow! WHat a beautiful picture, Appache's eye on her family!
I love Apache's eye!!!
Nancy in Iowa
lisa,
let me try to answer some of your comments here, because some of your comments went into my backlog, oops.
smoking in germany? haven't i bitched enought? oh dear, i feel i'm constantly bitching about the smoking here. it's so annoying, and *allowed in businesses*!!!! like at the feed store (the manager will smoke as he answers my questions about horse feed), like the office i worked at (ppl smoked at their computers), like in restaurants, the waitresses smoke while working (and almost all the customers). in hotels, they all stink. in little kiosk shops, magazine shops, gas stations, yes, gas station employees smoke while taking your money. i'm totally sick of it!!!!
in restaurants, the chicken wings are served with your choice of bbq sauce or ketchup, but you have to pay extra.
marzipan pigs , HAHA i had one this christmas and i didn't know it was marzipan, i thought it was just a figurine. i think my man eventually ate it. i love marzipan, but only inside dark chocolate.
marzipan is huge here. just like smoking.
and dogs in restaurants. and no scoop law, no, and there's poop everywhere in the cities. thank god out here in the country the poop is dispersed enough you don't notice it as much. but there are no loose dogs. people are really good about keeping their (unneutered) dogs at hand.
i'll have to tell my man what you said about his phrase, "let's see if we blow up! ehhehehehehe
margaritas and green chilis? did you read my mind? i had mexican night on friday for some friends of ours, and i was desperate to find green chilis for my chicken tortilla casserole. i never did, i had to use jalepenos (which are also very very hard to find!). i did find tortillas, but they're expensive here. imported. and margaritas, well, i don't have a blender. in fact, no one i know in germany has one. you just don't see them here. that has to change. germans don't like ice in their drinks, either. they think it will make them sick. even drinking cold water is unhealthy.
and i also thought of brownies, like you said! but then i saw a pic of me taken recently, oh no, no brownies in my immediate future.
you asked about neutering. it's true, no dog or cat is neutered, but there is rarely a cat or dog to be seen on the street without his person. they do have animal shelters, but honest to god, they are full of animals from other countries. i looked at all the lists of all the pets from all the shelters, and they go get animals from turkey, spain, croatia, etc. weird huh? cats are hard to come by, and almost impossible to find for free. this is really a dog's land. germany is dog country. that is why dogs are allowed in malls and restaurants at at trade conventions. big dogs too. crazy!
ok, enough culture shock for tonight!: )
thanks for asking,
~lytha
Very nice - love the green and yellow flower. What is the pod looking thing at the bottom?
Hi Lisa..the ants look like they really like that one plant..you have very interesting, different flowers! Yes of course I missed you! Cool New header too :)
Great post really good shots. I love your new header very very nice.
Love the new header!!!
Great pictures, amazing the things we see when we look really close. Great job.
Coolio!!! amd I love you new header!! I enlarged to 400% for a close up - pretty cool Sot!
Blessings,
Patrina <")>><
those ants are huge! eeeeeeeeeeep
what's the second photo?
Very pretty and so nice to see sunshine and not snow!
Hey Lisa,That song is driving me nuts(What's on your mind)It took me awhile to put my finger on it.It sounds musically and vocally like Duran Duran. Would you know if the lead singer of this group is from Duran Duran.
welcome back! yes, it's amazing what we see when we look. That is exactly why I have enjoyed SS and MM - I have taken the time to see things that I may not have normally seen!
Brenda
http://picturesbybrenda.blogspot.com/
Your little Powershot takes really nice macro shots! That was the original new camera I was considering, before I went DSLR. Would love to have a little Canon someday! :)
Gorgeous photos, Lisa!!! Things are getting so green over here in the Texas panhandle, too. ;-) www.crazyforthecountry.com
way too cool....love the last one...
Hey How are ya?
So good to be with you all.
I just love the first and last shots. Your images are sharp as always :D
~ WildBlack
Post a Comment