Well, actually my daughter, Jen found it. What is ‘It’?
’It’, is Sid’s torn off spur. Jen found it near where Sid attacked me. The impact of his spur in my arm must have ripped it off. I sure am glad that it didn’t end up lodged in my arm. That sucker is huge!
A rooster spur is quite interesting in Macro, don’t you think?
Check out Macro Monday to see other macro photos from around the world.
~~~~~
The arm and stab wounds are still very sore. Saturday night was the worst because I sleep on my right side. Between the soreness of the spur wound and my very tender tetanus shot site, I was very uncomfortable. Using the injured muscles and/or tendons by lifting things, turning, twisting, etc, is still difficult. The medical personnel told me that there would probably be a lot of weeping from the wound for a few days, but that ended by Saturday morning. There is a lot of redness and some bruising at and around the stab site, along with a hard knot just under the skin.
Makes me realize just how much strength and energy Sid Vicious threw at me when he attacked. When roosters go bad…..it is never good.
29 comments :
I am never, ever getting a rooster. You have convinced me.
As Veronica told me - they had a mean rooster once. She said "He was delicious."
Hope you feel better soon.
Here at Haiku Farm we have a saying:
"Cock-a-doodle-doo! Make me into stew!"
Nope, it's not a haiku poem. But it's true.
We like hens.
OUCH! That looks like it made out of fingernail material, very interesting and a great shot..:-)
I hope you're feeling better soon. That is quite a story.
Take Care!
So long Sid!!!
Hope your arm heals quickly. I'm sure that muscle is awfully tender. And the tetanus shot was a MUST. Any takers on Sid yet?
Of all my roosters I have only had one mean one. He died over the winter of natural causes, but he was little and I never thought something that little could do that much damage! I am so in awe of how vicious a little rooster can be.
I have one rooster now, and he is sweet. I have two up and coming, from some chicks I bought. I think they will be taken over to the processing plant as soon as they are old enough.
Hope you heal well and find a good home for Sid, either else where or in a pot.
wow that's huge! I'm glad all is healing up nicely.
YIKES! That thing is huge! I wonder how far it went in. I understand why you do not want to keep him on your farm. Such a happy and safe place for animals to live... I think being pleasant around people is the least you can ask for in return.
There once was a rooster named Sid.
Who quite suddenly just flipped his lid.
He attacked very quickly,
Made his Mom feel quite sickly,
Now Sid will be sorry he did.
I have to say Lisa, that I love my animals but he would of been gone the very same day he attacked me. Hope it gets to feeling better soon. It looks pretty darn sore to me. Take care!
I love Louise's Limerick! Excellent :D
That is quite a spur! After being attacked by our (former) rooster last year, I find myself keeping an eye on the current rooster's spurs. We might go ahead and trim them when we do his next butt-powdering for mites next week. They can get surprisingly long and dangerous rather quickly, and your pictures remind me that if our rooster does decide to turn on us, I don't want him to have any weapons at his disposal!
Hope you continue to have an uneventful recovery! Aren't those tetanus shots awful? Luckily they last for ten years, so you won't have to have another one too soon.
OMG, that thing is huge!!
I have not gotten a close look at Joe's spurs so this is interesting to me.
Luckily for us, Joe has been nothing but docile. Even when the chickens all escaped, Joe was just a mellow guy. Even when Freya was carrying off one of the ladies, Joe didn't do anything beyond attempt to gather up the rest of his ladies. And that night when not everyone made it home into the coop to roost, Joe stayed with his injured lady. He was very, very gentle when Bad Pants was sliding around in the mud, crawling through chicken poo to get under their sun porch to help Joe and his injured lady get home to roost for the night. Joe has had every opportunity to hurt us, but never has. I'm scared to get a new rooster when we get to Georgia. I don't think there will ever be as nice a roo as Joe again.
(And here I was thinking about starting a small breeding program with Polish when we get to Georgia! I'm thinking twice now!)
-OS (alternate id today since blogger doesn't seem to like me)
I got rid of my rooster just last week for that.
Hey, put a hole in it and make a necklace for Jen.
Dan
OUCH! That had to hurt seriously bad. I'm so sorry. I'd say you've had your fair share of doctor visits. Get better soon.
I'm sorry Sid attacked you! We had to get rid of a mean rooster too. It was attacking me all the time, luckily it was a bantam so it didn't hurt too much.
Holy Crow...I know, I know, very poor pun :( that looks awful!! I am going to steer clear of our roosters from now on. I did enjoy seeing the macro shot of the spur though. I hope the pain eases up for you soon.
Lisa
Whew...that is rather large. Dang..I bet your rest was fit full that eve!
Glad you appear to be healing up friend!
Kac
I've missed a lot! What a bugger. I got spurred by a rooster a couple times. Hurt.
Wow, that is some BIG spur! Your poor arm, it must really hurt after that attack. BAD rooster, bad!!! Kind of like my BAD kitty!!!
Boy, we do have some stinkers for pets don't we???
I also have a hard knot about the size of a dime under the skin where Kitty bit me and it's still very sore too.
Jane
I had to go check out below what happened. Wow! I've never seen a spur up close. It looks like it could do some damage. Hope you heal up and stop that aching soon!
I'm sorry that happened! Looks painful. That's just one reason we've never gotten roosters.
Oh goodness!! Bad rooster! And to think he was my favorite! Not anymore!
That looks painful, couldn't even imagine getting stabbed by one of those spurs! Glad your okay!
oh my gosh are okay???? that is scarey looking..
what a nasty chick he was :( hope you're okay! xxo
Wow, that's a big spur! Hope you heal up quick and send Sid NastyandViscous packing!
Oh my, it looks like an ivory tusk. Your macro makes it look beautiful!
Beautiful spur..but I hope you are mending..OFF with his head..(just kidding) :)
Post a Comment