Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sunday Stills ~ Glass

 

This week’s Sunday Stills Challenge is to photograph glass in any form.

I was going to drive into the city, where there is an abundance of glass, but my vision is still a little challenged by the horse kick in my face from a few weeks ago, and I get headaches when trying to move my eyes around a lot, like during merging and watching out for traffic.

So I stayed home instead and re-discovered my collection of bits of glass that I’ve been picking up over the past three years around my barn. Every time it rains, the snow melts or the wind blows strong enough to move the dirt I find these broken bits of pretty colored glass (along with pottery shards, rusty pieces of wire, old nails, and small rusted farm implements).

IMG_3031

And then I got the bright idea of peeking at these bits of colorful glass through my new (dusty) reading glasses.

IMG_3028

While photographing my bits of colorful glass, I heard some noise behind me and looked over to find our chickens peering through our (dirty) glass doors, begging for some treats from my daughter.

IMG_3036

So there ya go: Glass…….reflecting sky, trees, grass…….and chickens.

IMG_3041

Not very original, but sometimes you gotta work with what ya got. lol!

IMG_3044  



26 comments :

Anonymous said...

I love your glass pics. Especially the reflection in the glasses and the last one of the chickens in a sepia tone.

Anonymous said...

I love your glass pics. Especially the reflection in the glasses and the last one of the chickens in a sepia tone.

Gail said...

Great persceptive on glass...I believe I saw a chicken in the house!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Are you kidding? very original , and very pretty! The one with your specs in b&W with the colored glass is stunning!

Ed said...

LOVE the colored glass shards, extremely well done...:-))))

Shirley said...

The one with your glasses and the one with your daughter are my favorites.

StefRobrts said...

Look out! You seem to have a chicken in your house :)

Lori Skoog said...

The colored glass is beautiful and it worked so well with the glasses. Clever as usual.

Cheryl Ann said...

Oh, Lisa, I just LOVE your chickens looking through your windows! They are so cute!

Louise said...

Beautiful, especially the last picture.

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a special selection of cut glass bits. Your shots are very creative.

I loved seeing the chickens again, it's been awhile. :)

threecollie said...

Oh, my, those are so lovely. I have never seen glass like that. great job.

lisa said...

Those are great, Lisa, I like the sunglasses!

thecrazysheeplady said...

As always, your shots are outstanding!

Deb said...

great job Lisa...you are so imaginative.....

Gone2theDawgs said...

I think that was an EXCELLENT glass post. Loved your creativity with your dusty reading glasses! I, also, noticed you had a chicken in the house!:D

Unknown said...

absolutely gorgeous! i love your shot through your reading glasses, but i'd be an awful excuse for a crazy chicken lady if i didn't say that those chicken pictures are my favourite. :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well I think you have outdone yourself this week..take a bow! I love the first one..the colors are way cool and the second one with your reading glasses..wow! Those chickens just make themselves at home don't they! :)

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I like what you did with the pieces of glass and the glasses. One of the hens got in the house, but it looks like you've got a gate there to prevent further exploration.

Unknown said...

Great photo editing. Love the first and second. I have an old Mason jar full of sand glass from the beach down here.

Judy Johnson said...

Not sure which is my favorite-they are all great!!

Anonymous said...

amazing creativity in 1st 2 photos, wow!! you done it dear :) great perspective.

Sandy Trefger said...

Ha, ha, ha, these are great! I love the chickens. Too funny. And the bits of glass so beautiful and so interesting! Why are they there? Did some house burn there or was it maybe an old trash dump. And the image through your reading glasses is wonderful!!

jane augenstein said...

Great pictures of glass, love the glasses and glass! LOL good one!
hope you are feeling better!
hugs...
jane

The Wades said...

I thought it was really original!

CTG Ponies said...

Great pics! The glass shards are really cool.