Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Santa Fe ~ Holiday Style

 

Before we headed back over to The Palace for the Holiday Party, we walked around just enjoying the art and holiday decorations.

I have always loved this art piece. First time I saw it was while staying at a Bed & Breakfast up in Taos about 15 years ago. They had one very similar in their beautiful courtyard where I sat and drank hot tea enjoying the gorgeous views of the mountains beyond.

IMG_6594 

I think we’ve got all the basis covered here: Manger, Menorah, Luminarias, and a Long Ear!

IMG_6610

Look closely at this picture. Do you see the Big Cats laying around?

IMG_6617

The Plaza Gazebo festooned with lights.

IMG_6633

Beautiful hotel. I would LOVE to stay here.

IMG_6689

Another lovely hotel, right on the Plaza.

IMG_6693

 

Next Up: Palace Party, Visit with Santa, and Native American Drumming Video!



4 comments :

DesertHen said...

So festive! Makes me want to travel there to see it for myself.

I did a double take when I spotted the big cats in the photo...took me a minute to realize they were not real..lol

Louise said...

What a beautiful place! It's all so different from where I live. Lovely to see and learn about.

Gail said...

You are tempting me to come visit!

Ed said...

Very cool, love the first shot of the sculpture...:-)