Monday, February 14, 2011

V-Day Fun!

 

Nana bought the boys these silly Valentine’s shirts and sent them from North Carolina last week. “Hi Nana!”

IMG_8130

 

Ranchman John gave me a special card with very sweet sentiments, and my favorite chocolate bar. And a package of yummy Ghirardelli Squares. And a dozen red roses. We don’t usually do much for V-Day so I was very surprised and also very appreciative.

IMG_8160

We attended our home school group’s Valentine’s Day party today. Everyone played a couple games, shared in a potluck lunch, and then the kids made a mailbox craft.

IMG_8135

Jen was very excited and couldn’t wait to complete the craft so she could see if she’d get any Valentine’s Day goodies from her friends.

 

IMG_8137

All 36 mailboxes were set out on the pool table (one was missing, a homemade box, in this photo).

IMG_8148

And soon the kids made their rounds, tucking cards, candy, stickers, tattoos, pencils, and other goodies into each mailbox. There was so much “mail” that it overflowed onto the plates underneath the mailboxes!

IMG_8153

 

Afterwards we all went outside to play in the adjacent  park and playground. It was 56F degrees today! It was so warm and sunny we didn’t want to leave. But we left after 40 minutes so I’d be home in time to have Apache’s feet trimmed by the Farrier.

I wasn’t sure how Apache would do for him because she’s been rather full of herself for a while, but she was a perfect angel, walked right up to me to be haltered, stood quietly and patiently the entire time, even afterwards when the Farrier and I stood around and chatted for about 15 minutes. He did a great job on her feet and after I put Apache back in her paddock and said goodbye to the Farrier, I spent about 30 minutes scooping poop now that it’s not frozen solid to the ground. But it was quite an adventure sliding around in all the goopy mud. Apache came over to nuzzle me and lick me a few times, so that was rather nice. Perhaps that was her special way to wish me a Happy Valentine’s Day?

It was a great day!

This bit of silliness is from my twinling Jax.

Krazy Kidz

I hope everyone enjoyed a Happy Valentine’s Day, too!



19 comments :

Louise said...

You have the coolest kids!

Sounds like your Valentine's day was very special. I'm glad and hope that all your days are special in their own way.

Dreaming said...

Your kids look like they have so much fun together.
The mailboxes are adorable.
Hey, Symphony is my favorite too ....but it is a wine!!
It sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

Sound like a really nice day - maybe Apache mare's warming up a bit to all of you - mares are sometimes that way.

Dan and Betty said...

Cute pictures. You can't beat G-squares - especially the dark chocolate.

Dan

Anonymous said...

Love those shirts, so cute. I think I've said this before, but what a cool hs group you guys have, wish we had something like that around here.

We don't do much either, but dh sueprised me with a Mountain Dew and a heart cake and I told the boys after doing school that their present to me could be behaving nicely while I rode, which they did:)

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Looks like a fun day. The kids sure are growing up cute!

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Aw, your kids are really cute.

What's worse? Frozen manure or manure in the mud?

AareneX said...

Super-sweet--thanks!

Maery Rose said...

Looks like a great Valentines Day!

colleen said...

Great way to spend V-Day! Kids are so adorable, it's amazing to see how much they've grown since I started stopping by.

Gail said...

Sounds like yours was perfect!

Happy hearts to your entire herd!

Alison said...

Your boys are so fun! And your Ranchman's definitely a keeper. Looks like everyone had a great Valentine's day.

DesertHen said...

How fun and look at all those goodies...=)

Sandy ~~~ said...

Darling mailboxes...you know, I still remember exchanging valentine's cards in school some, uh, 4 1/2 decades ago!

Crystal said...

Wow that sounds like a perfect valentines day!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Love the shirts. I completely forgot about the whole Valentine's exchange we used to do in school. There was always some rude person who had to say something insulting on a card, but I'm sure that doesn't happen with home-schoolers.

Deb said...

adorable t-shirts...looks like a nice day was had by all..

Rising Rainbow said...

I think it's great the kids have a homeschool group so they still get their social time it.

The valentine boxes are very sweet. Cool project.

Anonymous said...

Aww! Happy Belated Valentine's Day!