Over the weekend, we finally were able to celebrate Jen’s 8th birthday, just a week late. We would have had her family party earlier in the week, but Jax came down with the same creeping crud that Jen and I were attacked by, and then Ranchman John was stricken by it, too. Jem finally got the nasty 24 hour virus yesterday and he’s feeling it’s affects right now. Poor guy.
But at least we were all feeling pretty good over the weekend. Feeling well enough to have a party!
There were presents.
Thank you, Nana and Papaw for the Sponge Bob stuff.
And her big brothers helped get everything assembled and ready to play with.
Jax was a little overwhelmed by all the feminine touches to the toys.
I don’t what’s stranger. The fact that my 14 year old son chooses to wear a nubby little elf hat every day. Or the fact that we don’t even notice it anymore. (except in photos. Why is that?)
But Jax was a pretty good sport and had some fun taking Polly Pocket down the zip line and setting her up by the campfire.
Jem worked hard inflating Jen’s new exercise ball, and measuring it’s circumference to just the right diameter.
And then it was time for ice cream cake…..looks like a finger or two may have already taste-tested it prior. ahem.
Gene Simmons…..Smurf Style.
And Miss Sage Kitty insisted on trying some of that electric blue frosting, too.
I think she was disappointed it wasn’t fish flavored.
Thanks to everyone for the sweet birthday wishes for Jen when she was sick. She still enjoyed a fun birthday even if the creeping crud tried to ruin it for her. Kids are pretty resilient that way.
19 comments :
Love that blue tongue picture. What a cute kid, with a giant personality. Sage Kitty's expression as she tastes that frosting cracks me up. I'm surprised she'd even try it.
Fun, fun, fun! I have a photo of my daughter and her blue tounge as well...lol Great party pics! Love the expression on Miss Kitty's face in that last photo...=)
Sorry to hear everyone came down with the icky crud! I hope it passes quickly for Jem and he gets to feeling better soon. Stay healthy! (((HUGS)))
So glad everyone was well enough to enjoy Jen's bellated birthday party ! Looks like her big brothers are pretty good guys and are good to the little sister!
What a great birthday party, and how lucky is she to have such cool brothers?!
What a great Birthday party!! Looks like everyone had tons of fun!! Including that silly Sage kitty!
Happy belated birthday:) I love the excited look on her face, that's the best part for the parents in gift giving.
Love the elf hat! Mr. G did the same thing for quite awhile with a pair of sunglasses that he took the plastic eye parts out of. We didn't notice it anymore and finally people started pointing out that in all his pictures he was wearing the glasses. Kids are too much fun:)
Jen is so pretty. Her face is getting out of that child phase and starting to take on some definition like a teenager's or adult's. But you probably don't want to hear that. I get upset every time I think about Colt going off to college next year. He's the family clown. How will I laugh without him? If I lived closer, I'll bet your kids could keep me in stitches. Anyway, happy belated birthday to Jen.
Love that smile! and the look on the kitty's face is priceless!
Happy birthday Jen! Here's to a wonderful year ahead!
The kitty picture was priceless!
Jen is very pretty, especially in the cake photo. Happy Birthday, pretty little lady!
She is so growing up !
Happy Birthday Jen! Your cake looks really yummy. Nice of you to share with your kitty. :)
Glad Jen had a great party, the cat eating frosting is just too funny, thanks for putting a smile on my face, HAPPY B-DAY JEN!!
Looks like a fun birthday! That cat is too funny, we used to feed our cat icecream sundaes and he would beg everytime we had them, it was cute!
OH Happy late Birthday Jen!! Glad you finally got to celebrate!!!
Silly big bros LOL LOL
I love littlest Pet Shop! I always got those for my girls when they were little. They have changed a lot! They have big heads now LOL
Happy Birthday, Jen.
I loved the pictures.
Happy Birthday Jen! I'm glad everyone is feeling better for the most part.
I love the last picture of the kitty. His grimace is so cute!
Wish I had those My Little Pony toys as a kid hehe. I see Polly Pocket has upsized too lol. Looks like she had an awesome birthday. :)
Looks like a fun time!!
Post a Comment