Thursday, June 2, 2011

Flutterby

 

All of these photos were taken down at the Albuquerque Botanical Gardens using my Canon PowerShot SX110 IS. It’s too dry and windy up here for butterflies, so I had to get my flower and butterfly fix in the Botanical Gardens.

 

IMG_2117

 



IMG_2104



IMG_2085

 



IMG_2080

 



IMG_2066

 



IMG_2063

 



IMG_2062

 

IMG_2061

 

 



IMG_2092






13 comments :

StefRobrts said...

I can't believe there's a place you can go and see butterflys like that! And take pictures! Awesome!

Leah Fry said...

Amazing photos, as always, my friend. I like the one that looks like a dry leaf. Good camo!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beauty - particularly love the last shot!

lisa said...

Beautiful as always!

Gail said...

Amazing!

Our first butterflies this year were torn and tattered by the rains and winds.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Very vivid colors- nice photos!

Redneck Geologist said...

Excellent! I love taking photos of butterflies! It is so much harder than you would think! They will only pose for a second.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Just beautiful

Alison said...

Yay! Bet you have about 12 gazillion more shots in your camera. I like series with the same butterfly closed and then open.

Jocelyn said...

I'd love to go visit that place!
Great pictures as always Lisa!

Unknown said...

Beautiful butterflies. Theres a HUGE butterfly place in Niagra falls I have been to. Theres so many there you have to be careful not to squish one.

Ed said...

Great shots..:-)

DesertHen said...

Lisa, These photos are BEAUTIFUL!! I just love, love, love that first one!

I have only seen one butterfly so far this spring and that was over a month ago.

We had snow this morning and then rain and wind. Our high today...41 degrees!