Just a quick post because were getting ready to head out the door to eastern New Mexico for a camping trip this weekend.
I wanted to say thank you to those that were worried about my chopped up finger and asked how I was doing. All I can say is that I am amazed at our bodies’ ability to heal. Last week on this day I had sliced my index finger in two places right down to top of the muscle. I had gotten my tetanus shot last summer in the hospital after my horse kicked me in the face, so I knew I was ok with that, but I worried that I should have went in for some stitches.
Remember how it looked last week?
Instead I trusted my gut (and my fear of needles) and listened to my dear, long time friend, who is a registered nurse and lives in Thailand (Hi Debi!!!) who said that stitches wouldn't have been an option in that location on my finger anyway.
So I cleaned and re-bandaged and used the popsicle stick (to keep it immobile) everyday for a week and today, I just threw the stick away and am just using a simple bandaid.
Looks pretty good, huh?
And with that I’ll leave you with a photo of last night’s sunset over our barn.
Have a great weekend everyone!

18 comments :
Well I'm not sure how I missed the post on your chopped up finger, but oh my word that looked awful! OUCH!! Glad to know it is doing and looking much better.
Beautiful sunset!
Have a wonderful weekend and camping trip. =)
I am always amazed at how the body takes care of itself. Boy, that lasst picture is amazing, too bad though.
I am always amazed at how the body takes care of itself. Boy, that lasst picture is amazing, too bad though.
So glad to hear it's feeling better! I've never had stitches and hope to keep it that way. Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Phew! That was too scary, Lisa! Hope your finger continues to heal.
Oh my! I missed that injury! I'm kind of glad I did now...I get to see it's healing well, without worrying about you.
Plus, I got to see that weird Lady Gaga/Farmville video you posted. What the hey?? lol
OUCH Lisa... that looks like it really hurt and like your nurse friend said.. In a spot that is difficult to stitch...
Feel better soon... You have had your share of boo boos...
Karen
Wow, to the sunset, yuck, to the finger, wow, to the speed of healing.
Stay safe!
Wow. Big improvement.
Wow that is healing really good!
Wow that is healing really good!
Looks great, glad you are a quick healer..:-)
I stumbled on your blog and the words "Sandia Mountains" caught my eye. Over the years,I have frequented Albuquerque and Hwy 14 north from Cedar Crest. I think that area is close to my version of heaven. I can smell the desert uplands as I write.
The comment form doesn't give many options for identity. The google thing is outdated. I've moved on to my new site (sorry, no horses, just dogs:
http://www.dogagility2go.com/
Thanks also for those great shots of the fire since I know Springerville/Luna well and am very concerned.
oh man I missed that post....glad it's healing...I bet that hurt....great last photo...
oh - gag! I could never be a nurse. i'm glad I saw this post first so I know it healed up good!
- The Equestrian Vagabond
Whew! So glad to hear you're ok and no finger loss! Lol. Close call though...
Michelle
http://www.fromthehorsesback.com
missed the post how it happened...but looking great now! Whew...stiches woulda hurt like hell!!!
Well I come back from vacation and you have chopped up your finger, Breathe has had a scary ride on Smokey and Kate has fallen off Pie. I guess I'll have to stay home from now on.
Seriously, take care of yourself.
Dan
Post a Comment