I have a lot more to write to tell everyone why and what caused me to fall in love with my Apache Mare again, but for now I’ll keep it fairly short.
I participated in a group lesson today and it turned out to be so much more, and oh, so much better than I expected.
It’s been a year since I last rode my mare due to her kicking me in the face last summer and then clipping me on the hip a few weeks later, and then threatening to kick me several times last Autumn, not to mention dealing with her Sage Poisoning and Fly Spray toxicity, and her shoulder injury that happened while riding in the Carson National Forest last July 4th weekend. It’s taken me a year to figure out how to learn how to deal with my fear, so it doesn’t control me and prevent me from doing the activities that I enjoy. Talking about these issues with fellow horsewomen and with Blogger friends, especially through Drafts with Dots’ “Fear Friday” posts has been a helpful catalyst, too.
Last week, Apache and I spent some quality time together like we used to do before all the bad stuff happened. The change in her attitude was immediate and palpable and I felt my heart open up to her. The wall between us evaporated and we have begun rebuilding our trust in one another. I know it will be a continuous work in progress as we travel together and forward. But for now, we’ve crossed the threshold and it’s a huge start. I’m very happy because……………...
I Love My Horse Again!
22 comments :
This is terrific news. I am so proud, I know it has been a very difficult time getting back to this point.
This also means, maybe, just, maybe there is hope for me.
Glad you're back on the road with Apache again - take it slowly and stay comfortable and safe - the lessons are a great idea too. Makes me feel good to hear it!
Good for you. Be safe and cautious as you make this journey as she's still a horse.
Dan
I'm so glad to hear of your new love for your Apache. Fear is an ugly thing and it ruins so many good things for us. I wish you many happy rides
x0x0x0x0
COngrats, that's excellent news! Being scared is a funny thing cause its different for everyone. Im glad you love her agian though!
I am so excited for you. What a wonderful feeling, eh?
I kinda went through that with my boys - and I love coming away from a lesson totally in love!
Enjoy - that trust thing is HUGE!!
It's quite a roller coaster, I'm so glad you've gotten back on board!
Good for you! I hope you will conitue to let go of your fears, it makes things so much more fun that way.
I'm so happy for you! I hope you two have a wonderful weekend of bonding moments. =)
(((HUGS)))
Hurray!
I'm so happy for you and Apache. You always look so good together and I'm glad you're on the way to being a team again.
hooray!
Too awesome for words! Best of luck to both of you on this journey :)
I am so happy for you and Apache!! That is excellent news, and I can't wait to hear about more adventure's with your beautiful girl!
Excellent Liss..so happy for this news and you two look so great together again!
KK
Wonderful news!
Hoorah!!! I am guessing you always loved her , just now you are on the road bacl to trusting her and yourself !!! So pleased for you
Wonderful news! Congrats on conquering your fear and taking baby steps forward. Nice to hear you'll be back in the saddle again.
What do you do about flies if Apache has Fly Spray Toxicity?
Lisa
hope you share with us the entire story of your bonding...it must have been AMAZING!
What a great thing to drop in and read! I'll have to come back to read the post above as it's way past my bed time. I adore your banner photo! =D
I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment