Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sunday Stills ~ Ethnic Food

 

This week’s Sunday Stills Challenge was to share photos of Ethnic Food.

Hmm. I wanted to make sure I was doing this correctly, so I looked up the word “Ethnic” and discovered:

Ethnic:  “a. Of or relating to, or characteristic of a sizable group of people sharing a common and distinctive racial, national, religious, linguistic, or cultural heritage.

b. Being a member of a particular ethnic group, especially belonging to a national group by heritage or culture but residing outside its national boundaries”

Well ok, then. I think I got it.

And after spending the day in Roswell, New Mexico yesterday, I think I captured some interesting photos in keeping with this theme….

Our first stop on our Ethnic Food Tour includes a visit to the only Space Ship designed McDonalds in the entire world!

IMG_3998

Of course we had to try the food in such an unusual environment, but it was just the basic McD’s fare.

IMG_4001

Except, my twinling, Jax’s “Special Beverage Mix” might qualify as unusual.

IMG_4002

My twinling Jem, wearing his goofy, nerd glasses, discovered a new ethnic food.

IMG_4011

Another unusual ethnic food….

IMG_4018

Oh look! Ethnic Pizza!

IMG_4024

IMG_4025

IMG_4026

And Ethnic Chicken!

IMG_4030

And Ethnic Angus and Patty Melts! They even welcome all ethnic aliens to their establishment.

IMG_4033

How about an Ethnic Bakery?

IMG_4061

Or an Ethnic Spanish BBQ Restaurant?

IMG_4062

And we can’t forget an Ethnic sweet treat.

IMG_4066 

And an Ethnic beverage to wash everything down.

IMG_4035 

But my daughter is not too sure what to think of this odd ethnic community and all their peculiar foods.

IMG_4046

And I was surprised about the odd places that horses show up.

IMG_4049 

Well, you can never be sure who your neighbors might be. 

IMG_4047 



I hope you all enjoyed my spin on “Ethnic Food”.

 



12 comments :

Anonymous said...

A really unique take on "ethnic" foods Lisa. Well done. :)

Louise said...

Whoa! That's pretty ethnic, all right. Those are some scary looking aliens.

clairz said...

Lisa, you outdid yourself on this one! What a great intro to Roswell for the non-New Mexican.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Your post was outa this world!!

I guess if you live in Roswell you might get used to seeing so many little green men around.

I suddenly have a craving for Red Brick Pizza and Alien ale.

Love that horse!! Did you read all the newspaper articles?

small farm girl said...

That was a GOOD spin on ethnic food! hehehehe

Cheryl Ann said...

How fun! Roswell, eh? There's a place on the road to Las Vegas..."Alien Jerky"! We stopped there once...it was a hoot!

Dom said...

Not what I was expecting! Great entry :)

Dan and Betty said...

Fun stuff and good pictures. Of course, McDonalds and the Colonel are ethnic food - White Anglo Saxon Protestant ;)

Dan

Horses Are Our Lives said...

I was also thinking fast food, but this Alien twist is funny!
picturesbybrenda.blogspot.com

DesertHen said...

This post was "Out of this World" wonderful! =)

Ed said...

Out of this world post..:-))

Anonymous said...

that is so funny! You know, ain't food some type of "ethnic" food?? That drives me nuts around my neck of the woods; lots of yuppy people that like to look worldly and so advanced which means you must eat "ethnic" food. Well, umm, doesn't that cover all food?