Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sunday Stills ~ Farm Animals

 

 

This week’s Sunday Stills Challenge was to photograph farm animals.

I have been so incredibly busy this week that I have not found the time to take any new photos of farm animals, not even my own.

So I have to revert to some photos in my archives.

Cattle in Capitan, NM 

LongHorn

 

A home for livestock…..I have always liked this barn and chicken coop located inside the Albuquerque Bio Park, and would love to have one just like it.

IMG_2342

 

 

 

 

One of our summer chicks.

IMG_3177

Navajo Churro Sheep Ram, Albuquerque Bio Park

IMG_2344

 

And every farm should have a farm dog, like my Dobbie Girl.

IMG_2730

 

This was soon after I bought my mare Apache last year. And this was the first time she met my llamas and goats up close. 

IMG_8703

My male gelding llama standing in front of our ranch sign.

LaughingOrca



12 comments :

Sofia Alves said...

I like them a lot, actually, good variety too! First one is my favourite, love the colours.

Anonymous said...

they are all so cute

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

if I am a sheep, I will definitely choose that ram to be my boy friend and father my lambs.

Anonymous said...

I especially like the first shot of the longhorn, it actually looks like a painting! :)

Deb said...

awesome photos.....

Once Upon an Equine said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm curious what is behind the name "Laughing Orca Ranch". If you've already posted about it, can you point to that post. It such an interesting name for a ranch in New Mexico.

Shirley said...

That is an interesting ram.
Love your header photos, nice to see you having fun with Apache.

Louise said...

Beautiful shots, as always.

Daisy said...

Dobbie Girl has me wrapped around her little paw!! She is precious!!
Loved ALL the pictures. I want to move where you are! It's so, what I would call- "wonderfully western!!"

Crystal said...

Excellent photos, I like the barn too, I am hoping to build one and love wooden barns, but so much more expensive than the metal ones.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I agree, our ranch is not the most conventionally named, especially since we're land-locked.

Here's the post that started it all.....my very first blog post in 2006

http://laughingorcaranch.blogspot.com/2006/09/why-laughing-orca-farm.html

~Lisa

Horses Are Our Lives said...

The summer chick is adorable! Love the llamas looking at Apache. That ram has some large horns!