Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sunday Stills ~ Macro/Close-Ups

 

 

This week’s Sunday Stills Challenge was to photograph extreme close-ups and macro shots.

All of these photos were taken with my Canon Powershot SX 110 IS. The horse photos were edited using a free program called Photoscape. And all of the photos were taken in front of my bedroom’s sliding glass doors.

 

                                         Vertical Window Blinds

IMG_4630

 

                                               Verdigris Horse

IMG_4664

                                                Rustic Horse

IMG_4640

 

                                           Cavaletti Light Beams

IMG_4638

 

                                                    Shadow Horse

IMG_4646

 

Which one is your favorite?



23 comments :

Gail said...

You did it again!!! Wonderful photos.

Anonymous said...

Light beams - such lovely work!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Ooooh. If you grab the scroll bar and move the picture of the vertical blinds up and down really fast, you start hallucinating. It creates an interesting optical illusion.

Daisy said...

NICE!!!!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

They are all great agian , I love the last one , and the shot of the blinds is really cool

StefRobrts said...

I like the window blinds! The shadow horse is pretty good too, I like the angles...

Fantastyk Voyager said...

The vertical blinds photo is crazy! I like the shadow horse best though.

Anonymous said...

Vertical blinds shot is very artistic. Nice horse figurine too. :)

lisa said...

That first one was great!

Ed said...

WOW! They are all excellent shots..:-)

Nivin Kadar said...

Wow!! I really liked all of them! but the shadow horse and verdigris horse are my favourites. :D

Oregon Equestrian said...

Love the abstract window blinds. Love the horse figurine.

Dreaming said...

I love the cavaletti light beams - it provides a touch of humor to those of us who know the term!
I like that you took different pictures with the same horse. That was fun to see.
The blinds are awesome... I never would have guessed what they were!

Just Ramblin' said...

The 'blinds' shot is beyond cool! Excellent photos. : )

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Awesome! I think I like the light beams!

Anonymous said...

I like the vertical blinds best. Great photos!

DesertHen said...

I like them all! The first one reminds me of lights on a carnival ride on the mid-way!

Reddunappy said...

whoa!!! the first on of the window blinds triped my eyes!!! LOL It reminds me of one of those infinity windows!!!
Of course I love the horsie ones!! I like the verdigris one

aurora said...

I like the Cavaletti Light Beams best. The window blinds are cool but make me dizzy lol, I wouldn't have guessed what they were either.

Achieve1dream said...

Nice shots! I like the last one. :)

Louise said...

Oh, I love the cavaletti light beams!

Mary said...

The first one made me do a double take. Neat-O!

Kendal. said...

Question, question! Where did you get your lovely horse figure from/do you know anything more about it? I've got a couple myself, one similar to yours, another with a rider, and 2 more that are only about 3 inches tall and I'd love to know where they come from!