Since Val over at Fantastyk Voyage blog is still MIA without computer access, and I just did a blog post about Llama Drama, it just seems perfect-timing to do a post about alpacas.
These photos (and video) were all taken over a week ago when I was hanging out inside the alpaca paddock over at Val’s barn.
~~~~~~~~~
Thelma: “Why does Louise get a cria, and I don’t?”
Thelma: “Hummm. Alpaca babies smell sublime!”
Thelma: “Waaaa! I want my own cria!”
Louise: “Oh, good grief! Put a sock in it, Thelma!”
Thelma: “Why am I surprised?! All I want is to be a Mother and you have to be mean and rub it in every chance you get!”
Louise: “At least you get to be an Aunt”
Thelma: “No. That’s not good enough!”
Thelma: “I say we have a Neck Duel to decide who gets to keep the cria!”
Louise: “That’s silly. How will you feed her?”
Thelma: “You can stick around as my nurse maid, of course!”
Louise: “Really, Thelma. You are being very unreasonable. I will not neck duel with you.”
Thelma: “Come on Louise! Put up your neck and let’s get this thing over with once and for all!”
To find out what happens next, you’ll just have to watch this video. (Note: The female voice you hear is mine and the male voice you hear is Ranchman John’s. He was watching the “Cat Fight” from over on our property.) (Turn up your volume for the full effect)
The Lessons of this Story are: “Life can be Unfair. Don't Spit About It, because a Mouthful of Regurgitated Cud is just Nasty!”
12 comments :
Gosh, who needs desperate housewives on cable with such drama in the pens! The little one looked like she had to be quick on her feet to avoid being an unintended victim...
The baby is adorable, maybe Thelma will have a gentleman caller someday and get her own.
But you know, no matter how many times I see them, they just look a little alien to me.
LOL! Can't we just all get along, hmmmm who said that???:-)
ew.. regurgitated cud! Nice thought first thing Monday morning.
They are pretty cool creatures though. I've never seen one in person, but for the longest time my daughter wanted one. Not sure Llama or Alpaca's are city dwellers.
What's that saying..."Only a face a mother could love?" - Alpacas are definitely cute but I'm glad I'm not raisng one. Spitting is something I really dislike.
I LOVE alpacas! These photos really brightened my day :)
You are crazy! hehehehehe
Great pictures and a fun video. Well done.\
Dan
Goodness! Mean girl!! I hope you didn't get spit on.
Love the commentary, sure goes perfect with the video ending!
Oh, poor Thelma. But that was very unlady-like to fight and spit like that. The baby is adorable. Great pictures and fun commentary.
This was so hilarious I almost wet the bed! I do love alpacas. Their necks are very snake like.
How funny! I think I heard cute little cria sounds - awwww!
Post a Comment