Three riding buddies asked if I would show them some more of my favorite trails down in David Canyon, so I happily obliged. David Canyon is such a beautiful place to ride and explore and I'm so lucky to only live 15 minutes away from the trail head.
Apache was feeling especially slow and lazy today, so we brought up the rear....way far rear. haha!
It started out a beautiful sunny day, but turned cloudy with the sounds of thunder in the distance.
I was still thrilled to be out in nature riding my horse, though.
And Apache seemed to enjoy the peace and quiet of just the two of us out on the trail together, while the rest of our little group rode far up ahead. She had no interest in catching up with them.
The forest was just so incredibly beautiful!
So we hurried our way along the trail, so we could get ride across and then down off the ridge line.
I didn't take anymore photos during the ride because we were focused on out-running the storm. The lightning seemed to be all around us, but not too close, and the rolling thunder was very unnerving. We did get sprinkled on a few times, but as long as we kept moving, we didn't truly get rained on or wet.
No comments :
Post a Comment