I had Apache high-lined at night just below the cabin among the trees. The trees helped protect the horses from the rain we received during the night, but they still got wet. Apache was shivering a bit when I went and checked on her in the morning, so I rubbed her down really well, and fed her some grass hay pellets in her feed bag. And by the time I put her hobbles on and released Apache into the high meadow to graze, she had stopped shivering and was warm and content.
My son and a fellow BCHM member's kids hanging out on Beatty's Cabin front porch waiting for breakfast.
Apache grazing in the high meadow.
The corrals were a muddy mess due to the spring above the cabin. The spring's flow needed to be diverted away from the corrals.
My son and another BCHM member worked hard diverting the flow of the spring above the corrals. They received instructions from our BCHM vice president.
Later, he prepared to do some work to the Spring Box. The Spring Box supplies fresh water to Beatty's Cabin, the Game and Fish Cabin and the water pump used for stock animals near the corrals.
Of course, I had to take a photo of him inside of the Spring Box. He looked like a troll.
Work was also being done on the water pipes behind Beatty's Cabin.
Myself and another member got busy cleaning the log siding on Beatty's Cabin, so we could all apply linseed oil to help protect and preserve the wood.
There were a lot of cobwebs, spiderwebs and dead insects to brush out of the crevices.
To Be Continued......
No comments :
Post a Comment