Only a 20 minute drive from Bryce Canyon's, Ruby Inn, Losee Canyon was on my planned riding locales while in Utah. After breakfast for humans and horses, the four of us loaded up our horses and headed down the road to Losee Canyon.
We were the only vehicle in the parking loop.
Within just a few minutes of starting our ride at Losee Canyon, the red rock became a constant part of the incredibly beautiful scenery.
I was thrilled to finally ride on my awesome Apache mare, in a location that I had dreamed about, planned to ride one day, and pictured in my mind from blogs and photos I had read and researched for over 4 years!
Almost immediately upon entering the canyon, there were flowing water streams. The trail criss-crossed these flowing streams countless times for the entire length of Losee Canyon.
And the views were jaw-droppingly gorgeous at all times.
My friend Ginny and her Friesian-cross gelding are far ahead, dwarfed by the red rock hoodoo.
Two of my riding companion's horses hadn't had much experience with any water crossings before riding Losee Canyon. It didn't take long for them to stop trying to jump over the many small flowing streams we needed to cross during our ride. And after doing that a few times, they decided that saving their energy and just walking through the water was the best choice.
Apache, being the experienced trail horse that she is, easily strolled through the small streams that flowed through the arroyo, that the trail traveled through for much of the ride.
Yeah....and the amazing scenery never stopped. It was 360 degrees all day long.
The red rocks hoodoos were always impressive!
Losee Canyon's trail is very easy to travel, because it's mostly flat as it curves and winds it's way through the beautiful landscape.
While Bryce Canyon's Peek-a-Boo trail was thrilling and exciting and full of steep ascents and descents, and narrow trails with impressive drop-offs.......Losee Canyon was a relaxing, laid-back ride where it was easy to just stroll along at a slower pace and enjoy the beautiful scenery. If I had to compare the two, I'd call Peek-a-Boo trail a modern roller coaster and Losee Canyon a coal powered train ride. It was nice to ride Losee Canyon after Peek-a-Boo trail so we could just relax. Our entire group fell in love with Losee Canyon.
And there was plenty of water for our horses to drink throughout the ride.
The red rock hoodoos were never ending!
Between the refreshing flowing streams, the red rock hoodoos, and the light breeze blowing through the dark green pines, the environment was so uplifting and peaceful.
The sounds of the water flowing through the canyon were also manna for the soul.
I am sure we crossed water at least 50 times throughout the entire day.
Apache and I posing together in front of a majestic red rock wall.
About and hour and a half into the ride, we arrived at a perfect lunch stop location, beside a small waterfall.
We dismounted and tied up our awesome horses.
Apache is always happy to take a rest and enjoy a nap.
And I am always happy to stop and enjoy a meal while surrounded by gorgeous scenery.
This rock formation is truly impressive.
And the tiny waterfall tumbling through the rock was surprisingly loud.
Myself and two of my riding companions siting beside the waterfall.
Posing with our happy-to-be-in-such-an-incredibly-amazing-location faces!
I don't think I stopped smiling all day!
My beautiful, big-hearted, tough, kind, patient, gentle, brave, best friend Apache mare! I'm so thankful that she and I get to travel to and ride at such amazing and special places together!
Apache and I riding through the tall pine trees.
Apache and I dwarfed by the red rock hoodoo walls.
Just hanging out in the arroyo, enjoying the fantastic views!
Our spirits were soaring with freedom and joy!
Apache and I peeking around the corner......
A Losee Canyon Us-ie.
My riding companion, Yvonne and her QH mare.
Sometimes I like to ride my mare without reins, just using my legs to direct and guide her. My friend happened to catch us in the moment.
My friend Gin and her high strung Arab mare having a discussion about not rushing through a water crossing. They had many similar discussions throughout this ride. lol!
My friend Ginny and her Friesian-cross gelding posing in front a majestic backdrop.
Apache and I, and my friend Yvonne and her mare, riding through the arroyo.

Another Losee Canyon selfie!
Apache and I hanging out beneath a wall of red rock.
After we removed all our horses' tack and loaded them up, we headed back to the rodeo grounds at Bryce Canyon's Ruby's Inn. One the way, we drove through a couple impressive red rock tunnels.
So fun!!!
What a thrill!
Our Losee Canyon adventure was absolutely perfect and we all had a fantastic day and made some incredibly amazing memories!

No comments :
Post a Comment