For my birthday week this year, I decided to ride as much as possible and spend time with friends and and my kids. And I succeeded in doing all those things!
It was my 50th birthday after all, and I wanted to celebrate doing all the things I love!
And one of those things is riding my horse, of course!
My friends Yvonne and Roxanne wanted to join me for a birthday weekend ride at one of my favorite local places, Oak Flats/Juan Tomas OS. I just love riding on these beautiful mountain trails that are so close to my house.
I met Roxanne and Yvonne at the trail head and we saddled up and headed out.
A birthday weekend trail selfie!
My 72 year old friend Yvonne dyed her hair blue! She is so badass! I just love her!
It was a beautiful day, although mostly cloudy. But the trails were peaceful and beautiful.
Even though it was only early September, some of the scrub oaks were already turning Fall colors.
Roxanne on her Appaloosa gelding and Yvonne on her Quarter Horse mare.
We rode from the Open Space over into the National Forest and decided to have lunch at the blue picnic table, with gorgeous views of the Sandia Mountains.
We enjoyed our lunch, but we started to hear thunder in the distance and could see a dark, ominous storm cloud to the south of where we were.
After lunch we rode pretty quickly in the direction of the trailers, a little concerned that the skies might open up at any time and dump a lot of water on us.
We continued to hear thunder for the rest of our ride, but we never got rained on and the dark cloud stayed south of us, until after we loaded up our horses and headed home. On the drive home, the roads were wet and there were puddles at my house. But the weather gods took care of us and kept us safe and dry during our ride.
We rode for several hours and enjoyed a great day out in beautiful nature with good friends and awesome horses. A perfect birthday weekend ride!
Life is Good!!
No comments :
Post a Comment