Friday, June 23, 2017

Post Eye Removal Surgery ~ 14 Days Stitches Removed


Two weeks after Apache's eye was removed, I took her back to the Vet Hospital to have her stitches removed. It only took a few minutes and then we were on our way home.

Apache acclimated well to having her eye removed and acts just the same as she has acted for the previous 7 years I've owned her.



At first I was not comfortable about being on Apache's blind side and it surprised me that Apache preferred for me to stand on her right side. She often nosed me over onto her blind side and would 'check in' with me, by brushing her muzzle and face against some part of my body every minute or so.



I was fascinated that the eye socket hadn't already sunk in but instead almost looked as if she still had an eye underneath the skin.




She is still my sweet, affectionate Apache mare. But now she is also my One-Eyed Wonder Horse!



My Vet recommended that I wait to ride Apache again until after her sutures were removed...so......

To Be Continued.....

No comments :