It had been a year since Renee had been able to ride her mare Stella. First she was pregnant and then she foundered and then she had a foal to nurse. When her foal was a few months old and was able to go a couple hours without nursing, I invited Renee and Stella out to ride the trails with me. I also invited my buddy Yvonne and her mare Etta Bay as well.
It was a gorgeous day and the trails were beautiful as Apache and I led the way for most of the ride.
Happy! Happy! Trail Selfie!
Renee couldn't stop smiling all day! She had really missed riding her lovely Gypsy Vanner mare all year.
And Apache and I were happy to be out on the trails together.
Stella seemed to enjoy being away from home for a little while, too.
Still happy!
When leaving behind the National Forest, we need to ride through a gate.
No one had any issues riding through the gate.
I love this particular stand of scrub oaks with their twisted trunks.
Everyone was still smiling!
I love the way the light shines through the trees and leaves.
Renee and Stella leading the way!
Yvonne and Etta Bay.
The tall ponderosa trees are always a delight!
Beautiful Stella was raring to go! At this point, her teats must have been filling up with milk because she was calling out for her baby and really speeding it up.
After we returned to the horse trailers, we unsaddled and watered our horses and enjoyed our lunch in the shade. What a great day!

No comments :
Post a Comment