Tuesday, February 20, 2018

5 Hills Ride


I invited a riding companion to meet Apache and I at the 5 Hills trailhead one cold Fall day. She had never ridden there before and Apache and I knew the trails well and offered to show her around.


I started off the ride wearing about 6 layers of clothing along with my leather gloves.



It was still a gorgeous day to be out on the trails.


The views were spectacular as always.


And I never tire of riding among the trees.



After a couple hours of riding, we stopped for a lunch break. Apache enjoyed the rest time.


After lunch, I stripped off a couple layers of clothing as it had warmed up a bit.



The Scrub Oak provided some beautiful splashes of Fall color.



At times the thick tree growth felt like riding through a tunnel.


South Mountain in the distance.


The Sandia Mountains in the distance.


Apache did an awesome job leading our ride and I was a pretty good guide.




Life is Good!

No comments :