Saturday, March 10, 2018

Juan Tomas Road Trailhead


I invited a couple riding companions to join me for an afternoon ride from the Juan Tomas Road trailhead into the Manzanita Mountains National Forest Trail System.
Apache and I picked a nice sheltered spot to park and saddle up.




Entering the trailhead gate.



It was a glorious Autumn afternoon, sunny and warm.


There was even some Fall color tucked in among the trees.



I planned our route and led the ride.



The view south towards the Manzano Mountains was spectacular!



The "I'm up to no good" look trail selfie!



The way that the afternoon sun filtered through the trees was mesmerizing!


I always love riding through the thickly forested sections.


Trail intersection. On this day, we would turn left to create a loop back to the trailers.



A little peek north towards the Sandia Mountains.



Some of the trail is wide and flat and very relaxing.


With the warm sunshine, the quiet and peacefulness of nature and the rhythmic walk of my Apache mare, I was in a zen-like daze. This is why I ride.



We were all spread far apart on the trail, just enjoying the sense of solitude and quiet. This is the way I love to ride.



No incessant gabbing, no nose-to-tail riding, no high energy. Just a relaxing pace enjoying the beauty of nature.



We passed the new trail that was finished in time for Father's Day. This is a connector trail called Another Juan (Bites the Dust).



Arriving back at the trailhead parking area.



Life is Good!

No comments :