Monday, July 2, 2018

Juan Tomas Open Space Ride


Earlier this summer, I invited some new riding acquaintances to join me on a ride so I could show them some beautiful local places. One of my favorite local places is the Juan Tomas Open Space.

Apache and I and our trail selfie. Notice the gorgeous electric green scrub oak had leafed out!




It was a typical beautiful New Mexico day.


My two trail buddies.


The vegetation was so thick and lush. Such a joy to ride through.



As we drop down into the lower canyon, stately ponderosas become frequent.




My riding buddies were thrilled to be surrounded by so many beautiful tall ponderosa pines. One of the perks of living in the mountains.


Oh that gorgeous blue New Mexico sky!
We stopped for a few minutes to let our horses enjoy some grass.


The trail was so peaceful and quiet. We all rode separated to immerse ourselves in this tranquil place.



Their horses were a bit faster movers than Apache. But I like it that way, as Apache and I can mosy along and enjoy nature and silence together.



I love the thickly treed sections.



We rode for just over 2 hours and had a wonderful day.
Apache resting at my trailer post-ride.



Life is Good!



No comments :