Today, when I lifted the lid of their pen, one of the chicks flew up and out! Good thing I built the wire cover for their pen just the other day, or else there'd be no way to keep them safely inside their pen.
We like to take the chicks out every day to hold them, pet them and socialize them. This should make them all more tame and friendly as they become adults. I think this may be one of our Danish Brown Leghorns

This Ameracauna chick is my favorite. I love her beautiful eyes and markings. She is also very sweet and doesn't mind us holding her either.

I reached in to see what they would do, and they noticed my shiny ring. They sure do like the Bling! They were probably also hoping I was dropping a cricket or other tasty morsel for them to eat.

A Silver-Laced Wyandotte

The black w/ the red paint is a Barred Rock and the black chick with blue paint is a Silver-Laced Wyandotte. The blue-painted tan chick w/ the green legs is an Ameracauna (and my favorite chick!)

The orange chick on the right is a Rhode Island Red.

Look how developed and lively they are!

The middle orange chick is supposed to be a Rhode Island Red, but has developed bold wing feathers which make me think this one may be rooster. Kind of a bummer. But if this one ends up as the only rooster, and is friendly and tame, then we'll be happy to have him around.

Here's a close-up of the Rhode Island Red's feathers on the tail and wings. Aren't all of the chickens beautiful?!

Here's a photo of the Mini-Coop as we are fondly calling it.

Another photo of our mini-coop that we keep inside our garage.
No comments :
Post a Comment