It's what llama owners affectionately call their
llama's droppings.
Did you know that llamas prefer to only defecate in one spot called a Dung Pile, unlike horses, goats or cows, which defecate everywhere and anywhere.
Sure makes for an easy clean up, too.
Someone recently asked me what llama droppings look like. I tried to explain that they are a cross between rabbit poo and goat poo, but I think a photo is a much easier way to show everyone what llama beans look like, don't you? (click pic for better view)
2 comments :
Very interesting post! Do you know what the fertilizing potential is for llama beans? Do you compost it and use it in your garden?
Good question, Farm girl!
Llama beans are similar to goat manure, which is perfect for gardens, and because it is so mild, it can go straight onto gardens without being composted.
I think that composting would be better, though, because llama beans tend to stay in a sold-state, without breaking down easily on their own for a long time.
The composting would lead to a softening of the beans, I think.
We don't have a garden yet as we just moved here in October, but we do have some plans for one the following year.
Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment