Friday, February 29, 2008

Feline Mischief-Maker

Our kitty Javalina is a strange one. She is a stealthy kleptomaniac. And she has a thing for my rugs. If any of us are missing something, we usually look under my bed where Javalina typically stashes her 'booty'.

We find toys, stuffed animals, blankets, rugs, socks, towels and underwear under my bed. All items that Javalina hunted and captured and carried to her 'lair'.

I've been trying to catch her in the act, especially when I hear that tell-tale scratching and scraping as an object is dragged unwilling up to the underworld of my bed upstairs.

But the other day, Javalina was just so focused on her current prey that she didn't seem to notice or mind me taking photos.

She started the attack on the unsuspecting rug during the day.

Then when it got dark she got serious and completed her attack.
Her mission seemed to be to take her prey to the hidden cave behind the big tree.


Have to make sure it's hidden well.
There all done! (Silly cat!)

3 comments :

Robin Follette said...

Now that's just plain funny! At least she's not dragging live things to the lair I guess.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Robin.....Oh, I shudder to think it, but if she could, she probably would!

Christy said...

Can't are so funny!