Monday, April 28, 2008

Double Trouble


For those of you who guessed 'double yolk' egg from my previous Big Egg blog post, you are correct! Yay, you!

Wasn't this a huge egg, though??
It made it impossible to close the egg carton.
And it barely even fit in my hand!
But that egg sure did cook up nicely and make a tasty breakfast for me!

And this egg, from one of our lazy Brown Leghorns is cute, but basically useless. It may be time to take CeeCee's advice and warn this girl about the consequences of the 'Crock Pot Camp' if she doesn't get her act together and lay real eggs...not fart eggs!
Oddly enough, when cooked, the center of the egg, even though it's nothing like a real yolk, does puff out and cook differently than the rest of the white.

4 comments :

Robbyn said...

I really enjoy your blog and hope you don't mind that I included it on my site's most recent blogroll :)

Mmmmm, double yolk egg for breakfust..yum!

Carla said...

Alien chickens, that's all there is to it.

Mellimaus said...

We have some green eggs that are HUGE! They aren't wide, but by height they are big! We can barely close the box! Xtra, Xtra large, lol! :D

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hi Robbyn...Mind?? No not at all! Thanks for thinking of me. I enjoy your blog very much, too.

CeeCee,
Wooooo.....eeeee.....wooooo...eeeee

Hi Mell,
Cool! I hope you'll post some pictures of them!